1.10.13

Crazy Beauty Tip: Eat More Ice Cream

Sooo, I've struggled with gross, brittle, flaky nails for most of my adult life. Hiding the issue with nail polish is all well and good, but if anything it only dehydrates nails more. It's a vicious cycle.

The strangest thing has happened lately. Despite no changes to my lifestyle, my nails have actually been growing in the past few months. Long, strong, and finally not so brittle I'm terrified to open a canned drink without losing one. 

In unrelated news (or so I thought) I'd been beating myself up over an addiction I picked up over summer and still haven't quit... The constant offers on yummy ice creams in Sainsbury's! (Not a sponsored post...)


Yep, irresistible deals like this one on orgasmic snacks like the ridiculously named yet oh-so-tasty 'Crunchie Blast Sticks' have led to ice cream being my nightly sofa snack of choice. 

I've just had an epiphany that I think THIS is the reason my nails are so strong. My bod is getting a frequent calcium dose from the dairy in the ice cream! I hate milk and cream, so don't really get calcium elsewhere, so I'm figuring this is the answer. 

Here, check out this leopard design I painted on my non-stubby naked nails! 

'Step by step tutorial: 1. Eat shit loads of ice cream, 2. Paint nails'

Moral of the story? Eff anyone that looks down on you for pigging out on reduced ice cream every night without fail. Your nails are WAY better than theirs. #win

xo

19 comments:

  1. My nails are fine, but if eating loads of ice cream will make them better then I'm prepared to do that... I'm just a heroic person like that. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eat more cheap ice cream should be / is the answer to all life's problems I'm sure! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay finally an excuse! :') xx

    mypalaceofalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew there was a reason I had to have ice cream every day! Love your nails.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you could be right - I blame my hatred of dairy for my terrible nails. Love the leopard print. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dairy does equal better nails - it's why I don't feel guilty stuffing my face with cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm,I'm craving caramel ice cream now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is Ben and Jerry's on offer anywhere..?
    I find my nails grow well on holiday too, swimming and sunlight I reckon has something to do with it. Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job there's a cracking Ben & Jerry's offer on down the road! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahhh I was actually thinking the same thing recently, I've always had crap nails that double over and are brittle. I've been gorging every time there's an offer on the Ben and Jerrys.. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha, you legend. I must go out and buy some Crunchie ice-cream! :D

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooo another excuse to eat ice cream.....fab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Actually loved this blog post! Them Crunchie Blast's look too good to resist though! :O

    Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is an incredible web site and that i can't advocate you guys enough. jam-packed with helpful resource and nice layout terribly straightforward on the eyes.
    Agen Sbobet
    Judi Bola

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am really enjoying reading your well written articles. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. College Ice Hockey Taruhan Olahraga

    ReplyDelete
  16. To create a such kind of article is really amazing,I daily read your blogs and give my announcement for that here this article is too great and so entertaining. Online Poker For Money Luxury Hotel Room

    ReplyDelete
  17. The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought you have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention. Searchwithvonni.com Insidethegold.com Catic-ted.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥