19.5.12

my week in snaps!

Oh hiya! 

So, week two at the new job is over and everything's going swimmingly! Highlights of the week have been getting the opportunity to promote some great bloggers on the website in our Week in Style feature and new DIY fashion feature. I also did an ombre/leopard nail art tutorial for the site, and will be doing those weekly! Just like what I've been doing in my spare time for yonks, but I now call it a job - MADNESS.

So here's what I've been seeing this week...

My morning train must-haves - the make up bag (I can wake up about 20 mins later if I just do my make up on the train!), water to keep the brain going and a pad to jot down to-do's for the day and general ideas!


My train breakfast: Muller light (toffee - the only flavour worth getting!), and some Belvita biccies. I try to start the day healthily as it soon goes downhill... Keep reading...


I went to the Ann Summers press day on Thursday which was actually a rather tasteful do! It was mainly to showcase their new lingerie and shape-wear ranges, loads of which looked rather lovely in a pin-up sort of way (you can see some pics of the event here). They had these cool illustrations on the wall of the event:


Shoe heaven in the office at work!


Did you know Underground now do wedge creepers?! Not so 'in your face edgy' as their flat counterparts. Love!


Gaitane taking Alexxsia's outfit photo for the Office Style Blog


One *mental* thing about the Hearst building is the 'Good Housekeeping Institute' - a large kitchen area where food and drink brands come and demonstrate their new ranges and invite all Hearst staff for, essentially, free lunch! Yesterday, Theresa and I headed there to check out Tesco's new Italian range. I think we were the only fashion mag girls there (besides women's mags like Elle, Harper's Bazaar and Cosmo, Hearst owns a zillion other mags such as Country Living, All About Soap and Esquire) - and we went back for seconds! 


Turns out working for a fashion magazine is not the low-calorie experience I had imagined - food gets sent to the office all the time, not to mention all the yummy treats at press events! Here's a Parma Violet meringue Theresa gave me from a press day! It was amazing!


We also got sent in some muffins and Essie sent Beauty Ed Sophie some pretty cupcakes! 


Back to fash, here's a glimpse in the currently jam-packed fashion cupboard, with all of the clothes being used for upcoming shoots.


When you spend nearly 4 hours on a train every day, you learn to make yourself at home. This was me kicking back one evening and putting my feet up! I've got train-sleeping down now - my leopard print scarf makes a fine pillow! 


This is what I wore to work on Tuesday (I think!) I do have another couple of outfit photos but I left them on my computer at work so don't have them to show you now! 

(Jacket and dress - Topshop, Boots - Office, Necklace - c/o Rock 'n' Rose)

So those were some of the sights from this week! The weekend has been great so far, Alex and I woke up early (I was asleep by 10.30 last night as I was so whacked!) and read in bed for a little while before heading into town for a mooch. We're dining at one of our fave restaurants with his parents tonight, so I'm super excited about that. Tomorrow I'll just chill and blog a little bit more, too! 

Hope you're having lovely weekends where you are! 

xxx

50 comments:

  1. Great photos! Looks like you have such an amazing job :)
    Your treats look yummy! xo

    http://jpoppy-thats-just-me.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress is uhmazing! This post just makes me sad that I'm not there enjoying it with you boohoo!! Glad you're having such a great time, you definitely deserve it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your week in photos, you new job looks so amazing! love what you wore on tuesday, that dress is lush xxx

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. your job looks so fun i love the wedge creepers!!
    Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post,and those wedge creepers are heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummmm, I want your life!
    Too amazing for words,

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love these posts Gem, you look beautiful in your outfit photo and can i just say i am so jealous of that parma violet meringue love parma violets
    ella
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited for you! The job seems perfect :) I can't wait to hear more about it!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, awesome, awesome! Looks and sounds like such a hoot! I went to Topshop in Canterbury today for the first time since you left and thought of you! I've signed up to the Company e-newsletter btw! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look extra awesome in that last photo! Have you started working out or something because your legs look super-toned! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are awesome photos, that definitely is shoe heaven!

    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your job looks n sounds A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!!! Love your outfit, dress is awesome (want one) and I never thought I would fall for a pair of creepers but the wedge has sold it for me - luuuuuurvve! Hope you continue to enjoy your work Gem and i'll look forward to reading your blog as always!!!!! ; D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow looks like you're settling in nicely to the new job! Well done! caught a glimse of the nails in one the pics, love love love. x

    sophiannehorgan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh saw that pic on the Company website, you're looking amazing! It's great hearing about all the behind the scenes stuff and those creepers are going on the wishlist. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh wow! you literally have my dream job! Congrats you really deserve it! :)

    http://alicebeablog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great to hear all your work updates, it's really interesting! And I agree with the poster above, your legs are looking fab!

    ReplyDelete
  17. AAAHH! Belvita biccies - my breakfast nomnoms too, so delish. This is fab, delighted your job is going so well for you. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. its really nice to read these little updates about your job, glad its going so well!
    you look super skinny in the last photo though! did you lose weight? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, you're looking very slender and super stylish!

      Sorry to hear your commute is epic long, good that you're getting comfy though ;)

      Delete
  19. Hope you are enjoying your new job, looks so much fun.The outfit in the last pic is lovely especially the lip colour.
    x

    Just started a new blog and need help!
    www.thepatchworkcloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an amazing job! Fashion, beauty and FOOD! The best things in life! It looks like shoe heaven :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. You. Have. THE. Most. Amazing. Job.

    I don't think I can say anything more than that really. Oh except I like your dress. And your train breakfast.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like such a great week, I'm so so jealous of your job! The meringue looks delicious, I've never had a flavoured one before.
    Your dress looks so nice too! x

    ReplyDelete
  23. you look amazing! sounds like you're having lots of fun at company :) (i'm jealous of all the amazing food ha!) x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks and sounds like you've had a great week! I love your outfit in that last picture, the dress is lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look so thin and fabulous in the last picture! So jealous of your job!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I read that DIY without realising it was you! Can't wait to try it xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. You actually have the dream job of most bloggers/girls in general! Looks like so much fun and well done :)
    I love these posts, keep them coming!
    Parma Violet meringue - yum.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. What an amazing outfit. You look SUPREMELY stylish! (And gosh, how fun does your job sound?! Veeery!)

    ReplyDelete
  29. woooow, this looks like an amazing job!!!!

    good luck!!

    http://www.kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. I loved this post! That meringue looks amazing, the creeper wedges are awesome and you look completely gorgeous, as always. I love your outfit - you look so put-together and it shows off your killer legs!! Can't wait to keep hearing more about your job :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. You have the most amazing job! So jealous, haha :D x

    ReplyDelete
  32. you look like you're really enjoying your new job! happy for youuuu!

    i just started up a new blog, so check it out if you'd like :)
    simplestyle77@blogspot.com

    thanyou! x

    ReplyDelete
  33. SO. JEALOUS. your job looks amazing!! (and so does that food..)
    love the dress you're wearing too :)

    http://amyelizabethmartin.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your job sounds really fun and exciting - you are VERY lucky! Not so lucky with the commute but you will get used to it (?) and can use it to prepare for the day ahead.
    Love the Ann summers illustration (not something I would ever imagine myself saying!)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Looks like you're hvaing such a good time. Commuting defo sucks though! Are you allowed to show us all of these behind-the-scenes glimpses? xo

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm so glad your job is going so well for you! Going on the internet, lusting over all things beauty and fashion releated, attending fabulous soiree's and writing about it? It must be heavenly so jealous. All your pictures certainly show you living the dream, bless your little desk and what not! Love your outfit above too, I was tempted to get that Topshop dress myself! And I know what you mean about 4 hours on the train...I'm at a local press paper doing work experience myself and it was me an hour there and back via the city centr on top of getting my local train home! Hope week 3 goes just as swimmingly :)

    Gemma x

    www.gemmasatire.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  37. ah this is so crazy that you have this amazing job! Congratulations!! It will certainly keep you on your feet.
    The picture that most stood out to me was the parma violet merangue.... omg!!! That looks so amazing and unusual!!
    V happy for you!
    xxx
    rivasoave.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  38. That parma violet meringue looks AMAZING! Love the Topshop dress too - meant to buy it when it was in stock but now it's gone unfortunately :( boooo.

    x

    amplecurvature.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Nooooooooo. You need to get Muller light fat free, Vanilla and chocolate or orange and dark choclate. Absolutley LUSH. And i'm lactose intolerant. It's a very good youghurt that'll make me eat dairy! Haha. xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. So glad to hear that you're enjoying yr new job, Gem!
    I am exceedingly jealous.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  41. love your last outfit shot! congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Look at your amazing legs in the last pic! gorgey gorge! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love that you're giving us an insight to your wonderful job. Thank you for sharing these photos. I'm glad everything is going so well, you definitely deserve a bit of relaxation time now :)
    R xx

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hiya, never commented before but i love reading your blog, and seeing your new job evolving is so cool and impressive! you look asbolutely lovely in the work outfit photo, look forward to seeing more! mimi xx

    ReplyDelete
  45. I have serious job envy, you lucky minx. I'm glad you're enjoying it though.
    That meringue looks like something you'd buy in Lush.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Really enjoyed this installment into your week! You seem to be having the best time, what an awesome job, oh and all that food, yum!

    joanne from jimmilou.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love your outfit in the last shot! Glad your new job is going well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  48. That parma violet meringue looks amazing! Like a big lump of blue tack :)

    Danielle

    daniellecurio.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  49. Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before. So nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject. realy thank you for starting this up. this website is something that is needed on the web, someone with a little originality. useful job for bringing something new to the internet! Visit Website Visit Website Visit Website

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥