13.5.12

my week in photos!

Evening all! Hope you've had a lovely weekend! 

A bit of a cobbled together post for you as I've been a busy bee what with the new job and all that! I thought "I know, I'll take outfit photos when I have time at the weekend" and then proceeded to spend almost the entire weekend loafing in my PJ's! Oops! Luckily, another blogger, Alexxsia, works at Company too (she's a fab writer and has loads of features in this month's issue!) so we're going to try and steal some time at lunch to take eachother's outfit photos for our blogs! 

Until then, a few photos of what my first week at Company has entailed! 

Afternoon tea at the Savoy to celebrate the launch of Schwarzkopf Professional's new Oil Miracle range:





Having a nose at the new stuff in the fashion cupboard! Love this playsuit by Finders Keepers!


The fashion team have been brainstorming styling ideas for an upcoming 70s themed shoot...


Does this count as an outfit pic? Haha - this is a tee I bought off eBay (for a little more than I would've liked..!)


Here's my desk! It looks even better now though, as my Mac just arrived! A bit untidy looking as I'd only just 'moved in' when this was taken...


Seeing as I'm covering the beauty side of things on Company.co.uk, my little windowsill has started filling up with products to trial and consider for future features! Eep! 


Sunny South Bank out of the train window on Friday evening:


My first week at Company was amahz... It feels like I've been there a month already, which is weird. I have learnt so much of the technical side of running a website, which has been fascinating, and I'm basically loving every minute of the job. I think my enthusiasm is making people in the office think I'm slightly strange, but any of you bloggers that have met me in real life will know I'm pretty much the most excited person ever... It's just my way! I do have my moments, though. Like when there was a kid screaming at the top of its lungs for fun for an eternity on the (delayed) train home on Friday. I definitely didn't want to kick it in the throat... But besides my commuter rage, I'm a truly happy soul! 

I look forward to updating you with more of the stuff I'm getting up to and shall try and get into a routine of taking outfit pics to share, too! 

xxx

OOH, also!!! If you'd like to be considered for Company's Week In Style feature, please email 7 outfit pics (along with a couple of sentences describing your outfit) to weekinstyle@company.co.uk! Don't forget to tell us your blog link if you have a blog! x

34 comments:

  1. Wow how extra exciting is your life now that you have your new job?! I can't believe we get sneak peeks in the fashion cupboard and everything! Ultimate jel, but really pleased for you too. Can't wait to see and hear more! Gem xx

    flutterandsparkle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new job is sounding amazing, glad you're enjoying it Gem!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds bloody brilliant! I think you may have had the best first week in a new job of anyone I know! Very jealous. So glad you love it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. eee so pleased you're having a fab time, Gem :)! It looks so good! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these weeks in photos! Looks like you're having so much fun x

    themusingsofflorence.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh loving this snapshot into your new super glamourous life, well jel of your beauty shelf! I wish I had someone who understood the whole outfit-pic taking at work, I know I'd get some very strange looks. Off to check out Finders Keepers now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. that last picture us stunning! xx

    http://theh-way.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing, you have the best job ever, go you! It's awesome getting to know all the little details of your new job, makes me feel like an insider haha! The magazine world feels a bit intangible but you are definitely breaking that barrier and letting us see what goes on, it's ace!

    J x


    Ginger Pickle ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. so happy for you gem the job sounds amazing your posts always make me smile! i took a similar picture yesterday of the south bank on the way to hastings.. with the E4 udderbelly stage (in the pic) a lady on the train was shouting why is there a purple cow outside!!! i defiantly didn't want to kick her in the throat ha! loving the spice girls top...i'm glad you love the job so much :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. this looks amazing! love the 70s themed outfit xxx

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the spice girls tee! Ur job sounds amazing!
    Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  12. job sounds amazing, such a good achievement :)

    Re the 7 days in style - I've emailed TONS of times but none of the emails seem to have gone through to the adress. I tried again recently without the photos attached (in case the file was too big). WOULD LOVE IT if you could have a look and perhaps I can email you them when you're at work. My email is melissamould@hotmail.co.uk

    Mel x
    http://www.mediamarmalade.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This post made me even happier for you, Gem! Your job sounds amazing, so glad to hear you're loving it. Oh yeah... and your Spice Girls shirt is PERFECT!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That tee is amazing! :)

    It just looks like the absolute dream job. Surrounded by clothes and asked to trial free beauty products! <3 I am green with envy!

    It's so obvious that you're the best woman for the job though - your enthusiasm shines through!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your job sounds fab. I'm so jealous of all the free beauty products you have for trial!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jealous just about sums it up. Can I move in to the fashion cupboard?

    ReplyDelete
  17. You lucky girl! It rare to truly love what you do for a living! Looks like your having the time of your life! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. these pictures are so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. what an amazing job you have, I cannot wait to hear more about it.

    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like an amazing week, your new job sounds perfect. I had that t-shirt when I was about 8! XO

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely photos! and i seriously would love your job, dreaaaam job or what! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oooh I'm SO jealous of your new job!!! I'm based just around the corner, could you sneak me in one day?

    allaboutthegirlblog.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Literally, your job is the dream! Can't wait to hear more about it in future posts!
    xo

    iamlaurenpotts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh I love your top, I'm sure I had one similar a few years back but with bark blue chairs but after wearing multiple times it faded :( ohh well! Anyway looks like your having an amazing time in your new job, thanks for keeping us updated, its so interesting reading all about it! :)
    http://tallgirlinthegreendress.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sounds like you're loving it!!! Well done you, it's going to be awesome xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks like you're having an awesome time! Takes me back to when I interned at teen mags for a while xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks like you've had an amazing first week! Hope it's all going well (love the spice girls tee! I've been sporting a rather fetching saved by the bell one recently!) x

    ReplyDelete
  28. I LOVE this blog! So many awesome ideas. Actually tried out the bleach effect on a tote bag and it came out amazing.

    I'm super jealous of your new job!

    I just started getting into regular blogging. I mainly do nail art, and am starting DIY fashion and other bits and bobs. If you fancy checking it out, please do!

    http://livinginamoviescene.blogspot.co.uk/

    Keep up the awesome blogging!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  29. That t-shirt is amazing!!!! WOW
    Your new job sounds so good

    x
    rococ0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sounds like it was a brilliant first week and how could it not be at the best magazine ever! I LOVE company!!

    you blog is amazing as well, I love how your such a joker :)

    http://katieswardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nice pics! http://www.goldielondon.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/edie-sedgwick-icon-of-60s.html

    ReplyDelete
  32. Nice pics! http://www.goldielondon.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/edie-sedgwick-icon-of-60s.html

    ReplyDelete
  33. It looks like your new job is the best job ever! I'm not green at all haha :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is the right blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just great! Visit Website Visit Website Visit Website

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥