4.5.12

My week in photos!

Think of this as one of those token Instagram blog posts, but without all the Instagram (only blogger without an iPhone alert!)

What I wore on my last shift at Topshop:

(old Topshop dress, H&M kids jacket, charity shop boots)

Cards from friends and family re: the new job! Guess which one is from my hilarious mother?


Pretty flowers from my brother! I didn't have a vase (not used to receiving flowers - HINT Alex, if you're reading...) so bunged them in an old food jar! Cute, huh? 


Sofa snuggles with Roxy <3 (Lighting looks a bit brothel-tastic, but it's just our red curtains!)


Saw this in a charity shop! I've never met this Beryl, but I'm pretty sure we'd be best friends.


Wearing some skinny cords that I found languishing in my wardrobe and was delighted to find I can fit into them now (have recently lost 8lb of festive chub). The glee was short-lived when I sat down and the button popped off the waist. In my defence, the button appeared to be sewn on with very cheap thread...


Good old mirror-photo taken where I used to work! It was the first outing of my new Office boots, which didn't hurt too much, but were a bit chafey towards the end of the day... Is it wrong that I yearn for dry skin on my feet? My feet are so sensitive and blister really easily. Any tips for acquiring pain-proof solid feet? Boyf's mum suggests walking round barefoot at home, will try this!

(H&M cardi, dress and hairbow, Office shoes)

If my child self could see me whining about my sore feet now... Look at me in my white belt - I was badass!! 


How cool were my mum and dad? Mum was very ahead of the trends with her leather trousers and topknot! 

Fancy food! Went for a lovely lunch with my boyfriend and his parents today at Cafe du Soleil, and had yummy Calamari to start! 


This weekend I'm going for dinner with friends, attempting to erect this new rail I bought as my wardrobe is at max capacity and generally preparing for the start of my new job at Company on Tuesday! 

Do you have any fun plans for the long weekend? 

35 comments:

  1. aw Gem, I love your posts! Absolutely fantastic about the news about Company - im so so jel!
    fran x
    www.frankieisinspiredby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck for tuesday! your outfits are gorgeous!

    highsocietyfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new job!! I love that Topshop dress in the first pic and how you teamed it with a biker jackets to rock it up! xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your last day outfit. Good luck for your first day at Company, you'll be fab! Me and my bf have recently landed new jobs and he also got the monkey card; clearly there aren't many 'humerous' new job cards about! xxx

    thequickredfox.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww loved it layed out this way :) BTW you're not the only one without an iphone.. ;) :L

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your dress in the first photo! the flowers in the glass looks so cute xxx

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe your mom's card looks pretty funny. You look lovely in both outfits here. Have a good weekend!

    xo Joana

    ReplyDelete
  8. you can now get instagram on android! :) x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rubbing TCP on your feet toughens the skin :] xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm working extra shifts at my part-time job over the long weekend! Need the money for driving lessons...
    Loved these photos! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos, congratulations on the new job! X

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your outfits! You always look amazing, i love your style xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck at Company, you'll be amazing :) xo

    iamlaurenpotts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with your new job - it's all so exciting! You'll have so much fun (more than a little jealous haha) x

    themusingsofflorence.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a great jacket,
    you look cute as a button
    <3
    Caroline

    www.girlygirlvsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful outfit for your last day! You can tell you've lost weight, 8lbs is very impressive - I'll keep it in mind as motivation when I haul myself to the gym later today haha. Love the new boots!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great blog!

    Could you take a minute to help me out by voting for my hat in a talent house competition, it would mean the world to me to have your support,

    To vote go to

    http://www.talenthouse.com/creativeinvites/preview/a3f3206940f0036a61a51d2d488681e5/520

    Thank you xx

    http://tcw-thecatswhiskers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't have an iPhone either; I reckon we should start a club, you know, have t-shirts and everything... too far? Congrats on the new job again, the flowers are lovely! (I have an old coca cola glass for the rare occasions I get some floral delights) xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I might have to bow to pressure and get an iPhone! I have no BBM contacts left!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing good wishes for the first day of your new job, proof that persistence pays and I hope you love it!

    Loving the last outfit at work and the calimari looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a very beautiful and interesting research. The most educating one i have read today!




    High School Diploma

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that dress that you wore on your last day, it's so pretty!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. aww love this compilation of pics! can't believe your leather jacket is kids! kids are too damned well dressed now, they need to start shopping in bhs again :P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. These photos are great, i dont have an iphone either haha. Love those shoes from office. What are they called? :) x

    ReplyDelete
  25. that food looks amazing! Ah Beryl sounds like a laugh and a half. And I lolled at the brothel comment, is Roxy the pimp perchance :p ? Congrats on the new job too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. My old dance teacher used to try to coax us into bathing our feet in TCP before our stage shows (bare foot dancing on a hard stage isn't easy on the feet!) according to her it hardens the skin, but personally I didn't test the theory!x

    ReplyDelete
  27. That Calamari looks so good! Your cat is so cute, just had a cuddle with one of mine, they are the best! Still loving those Office boots, been trawling ebay for them but theres none to be found, so gutted!

    Hope your new job goes well!

    I've got a giveaway on my blog if you want to check it out.

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very nice, thanks for sharing.

    anna @ sewa elf

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the white dress of the first picture! xx http://www.goldielondon.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/underwater-by-susanne-stemmer.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the white dress of the first picture! xx http://www.goldielondon.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/underwater-by-susanne-stemmer.html

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love this post, Gem! That photo of your parents is classic and both your outfits are awesome. Also, I too feel like the only blogger without an iphone! I still have a flip phone that's positively ancient...

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the oufits you put together and you wear stuff thats cute and affordable :)
    sewthecity.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. I’m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this. Visit Website Visit Website Visit Website

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥