7.3.12

a slave to my sweater

This is what I wore yesterday. I would've posted it last night but I was gorging on the most immense Dominos takeaway ever with our chums Jen and Martin. It was deeeelicious, but perhaps not the best decision when I'll be spending my evening with the creme de la creme of blogging babes tonight at the Company Style Blog Awards! Who knows, maybe rocking up in a maternity smock and smelling faintly of dough will be the next hot trend! 

Forgive me being an major outfit-repeater with my Topshop sweater... we had a big inspection at work and it doesn't look good if I bowl in wearing H&M stuff like I usually do, so I wore my two latest Topshop buys together! I think we can agree it's a different look to my last sweater outing. In this instance I was going for the slutty-chic 'black bra under see-thru sweater' look. What a minx! I ended up freezing my slutty-chic midriff off, so the joke was on me. Just as well I was wearing lipstick because my lips were practically blue! Back to cosy layers, plz. I'm done with this 'edgy' shiz. 




(sweater and jeans - Topshop, lipstick - 'Brighton Rock' by Topshop, shoes - charity shop, hair scarf - H&M, belt - c/o F&F, necklace - c/o Temporary Secretary)

(Roxy - c/o MY DREAMS <3)

I inexplicably awoke 3 hours before my alarm this morning so I'm going to try and get into town nice and early and panic buy many, many items to wear for the Company Style Blog Awards. Argh!! 

I'll be tweeting from the ceremony so follow me on Twitter if you wanna hear the goss!

28 comments:

  1. love your outfit! beautiful! (:

    xx

    skadiida.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking lovely, as per. Love the little headscarf, very Kate Jackson of the Long Blondes. If you don't know the band (RIP, sob!) look them up - think you'll love them, style wise. Enjoy the Company awards x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally love this outfit, you look very 50's chic! Have an excellent night tonight my love!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, love the charity shop shoes! You're so photogenic Gem!
    x
    http://teafortwodiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 hours before you're alarm?! WOW! that's annoying :(

    You look lovely in this outfit Gem. Love your head scarf. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. your jumper is so cute, so versatile :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the headscarf - you look brilliant! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Minute I set my eyes on your posts glitter explodes throughout the atmosphere angels and fairies dance across the room the world shines rainbow colors I love your blog keep posting baby X mercury moonshine dutchess

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, i love a good pizza, especially Domino's, lovely. I'm liking this outfit, very casual and wearable for most occassions. You look so beautiful in these photos too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This outfit is gorgeous, and I giggled throughout this whole post. You are a truly splendid writer! And ahhh, your cat! I just posted a picture of Fudgey (my cat) chillin' in an Urban Outfitters bag purely because I have been away from her for two months and miss her and Toffee (I was nine when I named them, alright) a ludicrous amount!

    Emily Wears Things
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look lovely, sometimes we have to suffer for fashion dahling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your outfit! hope you found something to wear, good luck!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. High-waisted pants for the win :) I love it with the head-scarf!

    China Lily

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the shoes!
    Claudia xxx
    www.claudiakitten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the colour of your lipstick! And your cats a cutie!

    Laila x
    thekittenswhiskers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. sch a cute outfit, loving the headband!

    500daysoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this jumper! Headband looks great too :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. besides the fact that you froze, you look lovely honey
    such a gorgeous jumper
    www.theorangewalls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous jumper! I've warned myself off anything pushing batwing though these days as it just does not suit my body shape. Baahhh

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning photo of Roxy! What a beaut she is! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely love those jeans, what a nice fit. Awesome charity shop shoes too, love!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loce this outfit :) Especially the jumper! I really like you're tattoo aswell

    http://theredoneblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looooove this outfit. You look like the casual but sexy housewife of my dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ahh you really suit big hair scarfs! love the outfit :)

    www.ticktocktimelessvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have this topshop jumper! love it. you make casual look sooooo great!! xx

    missjessicarachel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look fantastic! Slowly but surely getting through your blogs! You're so inspirational, truly amazing!
    X


    http://treaclessecrets.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥