3.3.12

Old and New

This is a reenactment of what I wore to work yesterday on seemingly the unluckiest shift of my entire life!  I had been wearing different black jeans (Primark, luckily...), and whilst unpacking a makeup delivery, I pulled a nail polish out of its little box and it had broken in transit and therefore grey nail polish glooped its way all over my trousers. I was scrubbing at them with acetone like a loon until my legs went crimson and I admitted defeat. I had to work the rest of the shift wearing some written off jeans from the faulty department - which were missing a button! Nightmare! I felt like the kid at school that's wet herself and has to wear lost property P.E shorts!

Thank god I was wearing my Topshop slubby knit sweater so I could pull it down and avoid flashing my spotty pants to the nation. Fashion FAIL. Oh and then a customer dropped orange nail polish on the floor and it went everywhere so I had to clean that up. Bloody nail polish and its bloody glass packaging. How something that usually brings me such joy can have caused me so much grief yesterday, I'll never know... 

Outfit reenacted with my Topshop Leigh jeans (thank god I wasn't wearing those!)

(shirt +  Russell & Bromley loafers - charity shop, necklace - New Look, jeans + swearer - Topshop)

(lipstick - Brighton Rock by Topshop, nails - Nails Inc in OMP! + Models Own nail art pen)

This outfit features two of my favourite charity shop buys - my Russell & Bromley loafers and my new short sleeved denim shirt. Even though my clothes are mainly old, I've been using something very new to capture them today... My new Canon G12 camera! A very extravagant investment for me, but one that has made things like nail art photos SO much easier. It has so many amazing features (including some Instagram style retro settings) and if anyone is interested I might do a post dedicated to my new gadget to show off its amazingness in case anyone else is thinking of a camera upgrade. 


The case I really want for it is a tad expensive after the initial expense of buying the camera, so I headed to Poundland to see what makeshift protection I could find... 

Enter this amazingly pathetic sequin handbag! None of the camera cases were big enough, so I headed to the 'fashion' aisle... This bag was so flimsy and tragic, I just had to have it. I only need something to prevent the screen getting scratched in my bag, so this is perfect for now! I actually love it :)


Quick nail art photo, because I finally can! This wasn't even fully in focus, but its still really good and the colour is really true to life, etc. Woop! 


Steak and chips time, now (a bit of a Saturday tradition in our house!)

Hope you have a fab weekend <3





46 comments:

  1. Lovely outfit! Sorry to hear about the jeans debacle. I was actually looking at the camera for my next upgrade. I've been using a point and shoot Canon and want something newer but don't fancy lugging a DSLR around so apparently this is a happy medium? I'd be really interested to see a post about your camera :)
    xxx
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah you babe Gem! Love the necklace and nails, and there's nothing better than having a new gadget to play with. I hope you and your G12 are very happy together!

    Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow your nails look amazing!
    the nail varnish story sounds like it would probably happen to me too haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm totally screwing up these comments!!

    Argh, how can you get your leopard print nails so perfect! When I do them it looks like my nails have leprosy! Bah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your outfit + nails!

    Can't pretend in any way, shape or form to be a camera expert, but can take your word for and agree that the last image in particular showcases your nails really nicely :)

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the jumper and shirt combo, and the lipstick is such a gorgeous colour! Hope you don't have anymore unlucky days at work! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great, I love all the little details with your necklace and the flecks in the wool. Also sporting some purr-fect leopard print nails !!

    1 weird question: Do you 'enhance' your beauty spot with make up? Either way it's beautiful and I sometimes think about 'enhancing' mine but worry I'd smudge it across my face, so if you do was wondering if you had any tips on that .
    1 more normal question: Does your lovely new toy have a video function? I'd love to see a post dedicated to it !

    Essay over, Molly xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely outfit! Shame about the nail polish yesterday though :( Ah well, at least you have your amazingly cool camera!

    Pip x

    ReplyDelete
  11. amazing outfit
    daisymai
    www.invisableone.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww the little sequin bag is cute! Nothing like adding a bit of glamour to your camera! Love your nail art too :) I can never do it that neatly.

    victoriasprocrastinationproject.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Silly nail polish! I'm glad it wasn't the Topshop jeans - that really would have been a major catastrophe, given the price x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely love that jumper with the shirt underneath. The different styles of neckline look great together:)x

    http://themusingsofflorence.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jeez what a nightmare! But to cheer you up a little bit: I dropped my nail polish container with about 50 nailpolishes in it the other day (from about 40cm hight!!) and thought nothing happened until I discovered that my favourite nailpolish from Models own was shattered and spilled it's golden gorgeousness all over my carpet! out of all the shitty nailpolishes I have, THIS ONE had to be broken! Gah!
    So yeah hope you feel better now. <3
    xxx

    London Last Night

    p.s.: can't wait for the vid!!! And yes, please do a review of the cam, looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Spilling nail varnish is always an issue! I wish there was something other than nail varnish remover that gets it out, because acetone seems to just spread it around on fabrics etc! Not cool. Perhaps you should ask them to supply you with some overalls for when deliveries come in? Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just got a posh new camera too! I love it, it makes blogging so much more fun x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for new cameras! I have the one before this, the G11 and it's still going strong! Sorry you had a rubbish day at work xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awwww your jeans story sounds like a complete 'mare! I'd be SO pissed if that happened to me at work...hope you didn't take it out on any unsuspecting customers? LOL

    BLEURGH
    www.say-bleurgh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. sounds like a nightmare honey, i own Leighs too and live in them!
    a lovely reenacted outfit!
    www.theorangewalls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a nightmare! love this new gadget! snazzy photos girl! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Make up disasters are the worst. I dropped an eyeshadow which shattered all over my white blouse; I spent the rest of the day in a rage! Anyway, this outfit is lovely and the nails are gorgeous!

    Emily Wears Things
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Touch wood, I've never broken a nail polish before.. It's bound to happen now I've said it though!
    I'd like to see a camera post, I'm completely stuck with which one to get, there are so many fancy camera's I'm just clueless! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the nails, Gem! Also looking forward to seeing pics taken from your new camera! x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'd love to read a more detailed post about your camera! Looks awesome!

    Nailpolish on clothes can be such a day destroyer :/ The outfit looks brilliant, though!

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is cute :) and i love your hair!

    http://munchmecat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. That sequin bag is fabulous! I love how you've bought a £1 case for a pretty expensive camera, haha!

    Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. You must have subconsciously known to wear your Primark jeans lol!! I hate customers and their tipping of things!! Grr! Love your nails, lipstick and outfit :D Oh and your new camera looks FAB :)

    The Deer Head

    x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Aw I love this outfit, and your loafers look so nice! Your nails are really good, I love the orange. Your camera looks gooood, I'd love to see a post on it, yeah that sounds awesome xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nail polish disaster! I hate when things just don't go right, it's annoying! Really nice outfit though, there is so much I want from Topshop, if I worked there I think i'd explode because I couldn't afford it all!

    Jade x

    ReplyDelete
  31. I work in Topshop too and the number of nail varnishes that smash and have to be written off is ridic! I dropped one once all over my Vans. Bad times. Maybe they are cursed? haha

    www.fayebag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the shirt and jumper combo x

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think a post about your new camera is a great idea, I would be very interested to hear what you think of it - I want to update my own camera too.
    Love your outfit, major love for those gorgeous Russell and Bromley loafers!
    R xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm eyeing up the G12 and the G11 at the moment. I'd be really interested in a more detailed post about it. I've read about a zillion reviews of it, but it's always to have a blogger perspective when I want it for blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely outfit, that sounds like such a nightmare with the nail varnish I feel so sorry for you :( spilt nail varnish is just a nightmare. Your nails look absolutely amazing!
    <3 Holz oxo

    ReplyDelete
  36. looks like such a cute and comfy outfit:) love it x

    missjessicarachel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. lovely outfit- i love your jumper with the denim shirt. your camera looks amazing- still saving up for a proper camera! xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow! Your nails look amazing! Great outfit too :)

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh I'd love to see a camera dedicated post - Im considering buying this camera for nail swatching photos and "normal" reviews don't really mention what colours get distorted. My current Nikon DSLR is awesome for blue/green/purple but is quite useless for orange/red/pink

    ReplyDelete
  40. cases are cheaper (and proper leather!) on ebay! I got one and they are ace
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leather-Case-Canon-Powershot-G11-G12-G10-Brown-Camera-Strap-bag-/260875326929?pt=AU_Cameras_Photographic_Accessories&hash=item3cbd6195d1

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great outfit! Completely love the nails! =)

    xx http://lestage2012.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥