2.11.11

What I wore/bought today

I went to the doc's this morning because I have a majorly painful rib situation. Appaz I've coughed so much lately that I've pulled some muscles and now it's to breathe, lol, sneeze and cough :( The doctor did give me some painkillers but they haven't really helped. Oh well. Here's to not breathing or lol-ing for the foreseeable future! 

It was my day off today so we went for a mooch around town. This is an outtake from the outfit shoot in the garden, which ended up being the best shot because my boyfriend seems to get a sick thrill out of taking photos when and only when I'm blinking/moving/arranging fringe.  

I wore my moustache cross stitch badge sent to me by Magasin as Movember is finally here! 

Hat - Topshop, Jacket - H&M, Dress - Primark, Jeggings - H&M, Bag - a gift from Ella Masters :) 

The eagle eyed among you may notice I'm wearing odd shoes (one of these, one of these). I had slipped on one of my brogues to scrape some post-pompom wool snippets off the carpet as they have good grip (couldn't be bothered to get the hoover out). Somehow I forgot this and my odd feet went unnoticed until I was taking a close up shoe shot once Alex had left to go out. Facepalm. There's a little insight into my lazy lifestyle! 

Mini haul:


Socks from New Look - 3 for £4 - what a bargain! 


My first ever bronzer, by Bourjois, as recommended to me by some Twitter followers! First impressions: Matte, a lovely natural shade and smells divine! £6.99 isn't too bad when you take those factors into account. 

I spent the rest of my day trying out new and festive Tuesday Tips. Can't wait to share them with you all. Really want to get back to doing weekly tips but it's so hard when I'm working 5-6 days a week! Not sure I want to start writing all my posts in a day and scheduling them throughout the week... I like blogging in the moment and the whoosh of excitement ( and typo-paranoia) when I click 'publish'... So if that occasionally means less frequent posting, so be it! I really am working on bringing back weekly tips, though.

Ooh, also, you can now find all my DIY, Beauty, Outfit and Nail Art posts using the little buttons at the top of my sidebar! I still have some old posts to go back and label but the majority of them are now labelled :) I'm sloowwwly (and single-handedly) bringing this little blog into the 21st century!

<3

27 comments:

  1. I genuinely didn't notice the mismatching shoes, you should delete that bit and no one will see ;)

    www.blahblahbecky.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel with working and blogging, it's so hard! Feel as if I should try and get a post out tonight as it's been 5 days, how does the week fly by?! Off to get some New Look socks, sharpish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also didn't notice the shoes. Hope the rib situation gets a bit better, if not go back to the doctors and demand they dose you up properly! I actually hate doctors, I always end up with a creepy old man. I went today and the doctor was wearing wine coloured baggy cords : /

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your coat, it looks so cosy!
    I didn't notice the shoes at all.. in fact, they both look the same to me?
    Roxy is so cute :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shoes look the same to me, I can't tell the difference, but maybe that's just me... I have that bronzer - it's amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look so lovely and warm very winter-esqu xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha completely understand your typo 'publish' paranoia - I do the exact same thing! Lovely coat by the way.

    Penny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pleased you went with the Bourjois bronzer, I love it. Your coat looks really warm!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to eat that bronzer; the packaging makes it look like chocolate, and the bronzer itself looks like candy.

    How's Roxy liking her new home?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need a new bronzer, I dropped mine the other day! I'm looking forward to the festive tips! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bronzer packaging looks like the wrapper for a chocolate bar, and has made me quite hungry.

    And I didn't even notice the mismatched shoes....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blog! You have a great style :)
    P.S. Get well soon :)

    http://ulianashalaeva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha my boyfriend turned up to meet me for tea with totally odd shoes on the other day - he hadn't even noticed until then.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look so nice, and what a lovely cat! And i didn't notice the odd shoes! X

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't notice the odd shoes either :p My boyf enjoys taking photos when I'm rearranging hair, squinting or talking.. lovely cat though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow I love your tash badge how much was it??
    And that bronzer is great, I love it cause I'm always looking a bit pale these days however be careful and make sure u put ur makeup on in natural daylight otherwise you can end up looking massively orange without realising haha. I usually manage to achieve this on a daily basis!
    Love your coat as well :) it looks rather snuggly!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahh lovely outfit!! perfect for the weather at the moment!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your dress, H&M are so good at doing little classics! & Thanks for telling us about that bronzer, I need a new one, & I struggle to find one that's not too obvious (especially in the winter) might give this one a go!
    xx
    www.justblogitallinstead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. haha if you never mentioned, dont think nobody would noticed the odd shoes.

    ooo leopard print socks, MUST visit New Look soon.

    J x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the fur coat with the support for Movember! Didn't notice your mis-matched shoes though.

    Love the new buttons aswell.

    Thank you for the comment on my blog, nice to know one of my favourtie bloggers has read it!

    www.beth-the-bunhead.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the fur coat is looks so cosy!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  22. your fur coat and bobble hat look so cute together gem!

    ReplyDelete
  23. hahaha! odd shoes? that is hilarious. i must say, back when i used to live in a flat i'd walked straight into lift with my playboy slippers on many times. once only to notice downstairs.

    i'm exactly the same about posting in the moment and scheduling posts. if i haven't blogged in ages and feel awful i'll type one up and save another as a draft then i'll publish it from the ipad or something.

    sophieal.blogspot.com
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  24. that bronzer looks delicious ;)
    also, this look i gorgeous. I adore the coat! xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for sporting my Moustache badge, Gem! It looks lovely on your fur coat. Would never have noticed the mismatched shoes either, goes to show how observant I am!! :/ Hope the ribs get better soon X

    www.facebook.com/weheartmagasin

    ReplyDelete
  26. Am just getting back into blogging as well, and it feels good! Am going to hunt out this bronzer, have been after a matte one for ages - so hard to find a non-orange, non-glittery one! Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥