12.9.11

What I Wore

This is what I wore to Vogue's Fashion Night Out on Thursday. This pic was taken before makeup was finalised, as I was running late! Nails, lashes and blusher were applied on the train to London. I'm getting quite used to train makeovers these days! 


The dress was sent to me by the wonderful Selina, who now works for Motel. It's their Carrine dress, and I have worn it LOADS since I received it. This snap doesn't do it justice, but it's so super duper flattering re: the pot belly scenario and really looks like a top tucked in a skirt. People keep asking where I got my skirt from! Find it in my Motel Blogger Shop, and get 15% off using the code GEMFATALE if you fancy.

I bought the boots on uniform at work. Have worn them to death already, as they are so comfy! Very cheap for a pair of Topshop leather boots, too (even to those without 60% uniform discount!) The cardi is Topshop too. 

The gun necklace was a gift from the fabulous Ella Masters to say thanks for featuring her DIY penny jar tutorial. It's from her shop Velvet Feather, and has received many compliments when I've worn it. I was ecstatic when a girl I work with told me RiRi has one like it! Oh na na!

Will be blogging the goss from Fashion's Night Out when I receive some pictures from the event I went to. The only one I've seen of me so far features me with eyes half-shut! Never a good look! 

Have got a day off work tomorrow and am going to spend it collecting my new glasses from Specsavers and inevitable attempting house work. Luckily, my week will get more stylish come Friday, as I'll be heading to London Fashion Week for a couple of days! Cue absolute outfit panic!!!

Right, Roxy has hijacked one of my arms and most of my lap, so I am going to have to move the laptop and give the little diva some attention.

xx

PS -  Any uni-related questions or concerns you have, lemme know in the comments (or on Twitter) and I'll answer the most popular ones on the blog tomorrow!

36 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dress and cardi!! Loving it :)
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's impressive doing your nails on the train, I'd make a right mess! Your dress is gorgeous, I thought it was a top and skirt too! Wish I had gone to Fashion Night Out, hopefully will do next year! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the dress and the boots you look lovely! xx

    kathykinsxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loveeee those boots. Shame I just bought some new winter ones as now I feel like these ones wouldn't go amiss in my wardrobe either... (: x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loveeee those boots. Shame I just bought some new winter ones as now I feel like these ones wouldn't go amiss in my wardrobe either... (: x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the boots in black and love them :)


    www.launainponderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh i love those boots. i bought a similar pair from Topshop 2 years ago and been looking to get a replacement. these are fab and cheap! off to go have a sly look at the TS website now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in awe of people who can do makeup/nails on the move! That cardi's going to be mine - but in Mustard - tomorrow; I have gift vouchers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always fabulous! Love the way you're rocking monochrome & burgundy....hello autumn!
    LOL at the 'eyes half shut'....dude! I hate that! Even worse when the photographer puts it on facebook and tags you! NO THANKS! Glad its an event so unless you acknowledge it, no one will see it LOL

    BLEURGH
    http://say-bleurgh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beaut! Think I might have to get this dress now! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool outfit.
    Nice styling :)

    xx

    http://wearenouvellevague.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it :) The boots are so so gorgeous, yummy 60% off!
    The colour of the cardie is amazing too
    I am always in love with your outfits, you inspire me
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. In lurvvveee with those boots incredibly


    www.converseandchords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw you're going to answer some uni related questions and I just wanted to ask did you find it benefital going to uni and getting a degree because i hear that a lot of people are going and studying for 3 years and not getting a job at the end of it relating to their degree or what they wanted to do. I also was wondering if fashion was what you always wanted to do. I'm twenty and still haven't really decided what path to take or what I want to do. I hope this all makes sence :)

    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those boots are lovely! Real leather too! Mary approved most definitely.

    Hope you had a nice Fashion Night Out! Would have died if I were there haha!<3
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE this outfit.. Have massive boot envy right now!

    http://lowri-thedeerhead.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely outfit! ahhh I have been wanting those boots but they havent been in any Topshop stores I've been in and I'm just too tight and too fussy to order them! They look great on you

    wishfulsinfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. love love loveeeee the boots & cardigan, they look so cosy!

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lashes on the train? So impressive! I can't even get them on in front of a giant mirror with tweezers and plenty of space usually!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this outfit! Your boots are gorgeous, I need a pair like that! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cutest cardi and dress combo ever, I love it!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. The dress does look SUPER flattering, and I can't wait to hear about FNO!

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love how you always claim too be panicking over outifts to wear but they always look so cool and effortless..

    www.flowergypsy.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. love the dress :) i am suffering from leopard print addiction, however i have recently been trying to branch out a bit!

    always love your blog mrs.

    hazel

    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the colour of the outfit and the boots are amaaaaazing! xx

    http://abby-lee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. i so love that dress, especially with the cardi and boots you've worn here

    ReplyDelete
  27. love the colour of the cardigan and the dress is gorgeous - i thought it was a top and skirt too! You're definitely tempting me with that 15% discount...!

    Fashion Stereotype

    ReplyDelete
  28. love the necklace, and the dress looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You look lovely, and the necklace is definitely fab! Enjoy LFW xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. that dress is an epic win on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your dress and boots! xx

    http://princesspancake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥