13.8.11

Nouveau Maison

No, that's not the name of some hot new fashion brand, it just sounded more exotic than 'new house'. 

So yes, greetings from my new house! Photos of it are embargoed until I have revamped the questionable decor... I literally see the curtains (complete with mismatched pelmet...) in my nightmares! I will be launching a blog sale very soon to aid my revamp quest. Although I've been too busy to blog, I have posted a couple of pics during packing/unpacking to Twitpic if anyone wants a lookie. The love letter I found from a jilted year 7 classmate broke the hearts of many of my Twitter followers when I posted it! </3

LOOKING A BIT LIKE I'VE RISEN FROM THE DEAD... IT'S BEEN A LONG DAY... 
(NECKLACE - c/o TEMPORARY SECRETARY)

So, we're just about settled here. I am relishing having a whole wardrobe AND chest of drawers to myself. I don't know if I've told you before, but I suffer from chronic untidiness to the extent it often drives a wedge between my lover and I, so I've put the utmost thought into exactly where everything is stored in the bedroom to keep messy rummaging minimal and tidying maximal. Wish me luck, or I may be kicked out and have to go grovelling back to Matt if he'll have me! 

Today we've been scrubbing the old flat within an inch of its life to ensure we get our whole deposit back - fingers crossed! Speaking of fingers, this hard work has taken its toll on my false nails. 


They've been slowly falling off for many days now but I've not had time to take them off! One thing I've learned about falsies is that although they are super quick to stick on, which is amazing, you need a good half an hour to soak them and remove them. Impossible whilst moving house! 

Usual posting/tweeting will resume super soon. Cannot wait to take my first outfit pic in our lovely new garden! 

Hope all is well with you, mein lieblings?

<3

18 comments:

  1. Moving house is so stressful, I hope all is going smoothly, well, smooth as possible.
    That love letter was so sweet, the poor lad!
    Your poor nails, that can't be fun! xx
    Sirens and Bells

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaawe the letter was so cute, bless him!

    i'd love to get my nab some of the stuff from your blogshop, but alas, none of your skinny minnie clothes would fit me :(

    goood luck with the house xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Gem - that letter!!!!! Ha, bless him!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow! I can't wait to see what your new place looks like. Redecorating can be such a pain, but it'll all be worth it in the end!

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaww at the letter lol. The garden of your new flat looks reallt nice too xx

    http://princesspancake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck redecorating, my house is having a massive redecoration at the minute - there is paint tins and brushes everywhere! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That poor lad who wrote the letter ;) Excited for you about your new place!


    ♥, Jamie
    www.TheFancyTeacup.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bless him, the letter is so sweet!
    Hope everything's going well with the move :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That love letter.. Massive AWWW!! can't believe you turned him down lol!!

    Good luck with everything house-wise!!

    http://lowri-armsaroundamemory.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah the love letter </3

    Looking forward to seeing many an outfit post in the great outdoors now.

    My fake nails didn't manage to survive me packing either, lost three of them and only managed to find two!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay
    eager to see your new house!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Gem ! It's " Nouvelle Maison " and not " nouveau Maison " :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Moving house is so stressful, I get serious heart palpatations whenever the new uni year starts and I have to move my things. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with the new house, hope it isn't too stressful!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Firstly, I really love your blog : )

    Secondly, I too shall be moving house, but at the end of the month. I foresee a mountain of mess and stress. Any moving tips?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥