28.8.11

My week in pictures!

Whew! One of the most intense weeks of my life is over!

I've been a busy bee, what with long shifts at work, going to a gig in Brighton and being filmed for Channel 4! It's taken it's toll now as I seem to have a cold. I've been a watery eyed sneezing mess at work today. Anyway, I've taken some little snap shots along the way this week, so here they are... 

My little Roxy chillin' in the sunshine earlier this week. She's loving our rather wild garden... Lots of very dead plants and dry dirt as opposed to pretty flowers and soil! She's been rolling about in the dirt loads, it's so sweet to see her getting back to nature! Could live without her crapping in the flower beds, but she's kicking that habit now. 


I went to Brighton to see NFG with my brother and friends and forgot to bring nail polish with me on the train. All I had was my new Models Own nail art pen (freeb) so I decided to try leopard on naked nails! I think it's a pretty awesome look!



We nipped to H&M in Brighton to get my brother a hoodie because he was a bit nippy, and I had to get a snap of this lovely lady's outfit! The playsuit, the hair - love! We exchanged bloggy links and you can see hers here.


I met up with the my gigging BFF from my youth, Emilie. We met in 2002 and used to meet up at every pop punk gig in London together! This is us sat outside NFG's tour bus swigging WKD like old times... My brother's a well-know NFG superfan (they know him by name and even exchange the odd Facebook message!) so I'm used to lurking outside venues so he can hang out with them.


Oh Chad... How I wish I wasn't speaking as this photo was taken. I was saying "Keep smiling because sometimes it flashes twice-*FLASH*". D'oh. I just love his smooth and squishy face. Notice how much he's leaning towards me in this?! Move over, Hayley (oh and soz, Alex). Was tempted to doctor this photo and paste the 'Forever Alone' guy over my brother's face - lawl! 


We persuaded the band to come to this pop punk club night at Life afterwards, and they obliged!! Jordan even got on the decks for a bit! 


After a few hours sleep it was back home to Canterbury, and onto a disastrous road trip to Ikea with Alex... Think almost running out of petrol on the motorway... I had to have a 50p hotdog to calm myself after it all! 


The next day I was being filmed for the second series of SuperScrimpers! We filmed quite a few tips and a li'l interview too and I think it went okay... Speaking of tips, I really need to start getting more Tuesday Tips up! I figured I'd have loooads of time after graduating to just chill out, but it turns out making money is pretty time consuming :( 


After filming on Friday, we had our buddies Martin and Jen round for Dominos. We ordered online.. Spot the immature lolz in the delivery info... 


Jen and I had a play with some new Models Own nail polishes I was sent. This was Jen's own nail polish with a coat of pink Smash Up polish and some black leopard print. 


I had filmed some sticky tape nail art for Channel 4 that day using Grey Day and Top Turquoise, and decided to add some kinda wonky black lines. 


Then I got instantly bored and wiped the whole lot off and went for leopard print over Blooboo and attempted to draw a cat on my thumbnail... Jen ridiculed it, but I personally believe it's a masterpiece!!


And finally, some more illustrations I was sent, this time by Carly Watts. I simply adore these, and Roxy was chuffed at her inclusion. May have to edit my blog header to include one of these because they are amazing! Why can't I look this cool in real life?! (Click to enlarge)


Right, I think I've exhausted the topic of ME ME ME. What have y'all been up to? 

I've got a day off tomorrow and am looking forward to catching up on blogs, so leave me links in the comments if you know any great blogs I ought to be checking out, including your own!

Much love! x

52 comments:

  1. Such a cute cat and I love your little LV bag!
    The models own nail art pen looks really good, I purchased one off ebay but it was rubbish quality and went gloopy but I've seen so many people use these and get good results. I love the leopard print effect on nails!

    Beth.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you liked them! Lovely nail art as always - mine usually end in disaster.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The natural nail/leopard print combo definitely works! And that girl's hair is actually amazing.
    Glad the filming went well!

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I´ve gotta say I´m a big fan of leopard print on a one colour base coat as opposed to different coloured spots. Looks so pro! I only just ordered my WAH pen the other day but I´m excited about trying it out already! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that does look like an exhausting week! Roxy is so cute, bless her. My cat's getting lazy and now just craps on the lawn, it drives my mom mad!!
    Can't wait to see you on CH4 again! I love Superscrimpers!!
    I recently bought the WAH/Models Own Nail art pen, I love it!
    If you want to check out my blog, it's: http://www.strangenessandcharm.co.uk shameless plug! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah thats so weird i know her!!! Ellen! she's really nice.
    glad you had fun in brighton, my brothers best friends mum owns the concorde hahah! and i love the leopard print nails xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to see NFG too but here in Cardiff, some local buddies are the support group. I exchanged twitter DM's with the other guitarist Steve and now I'm in love hahah

    Love the nude leopards! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see Roxy has settled in nicely :D
    I've just painted my nails a nude colour, now I'm really tempted to leopard them up!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post! your cat looks exactly like mine! :')

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha I cant wait to see you on my tellybox! :') Looks like youve had a fab week! sorry to hear about the cold! Ive got a horrible one too! just keep swallowing them vitamin c tablets ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Roxy is such a cutie! Adore all the nail art!

    ♥, Jamie
    www.TheFancyTeacup.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you've had a great time :D Majorly jealous of you seeing NFG!!! Wish I could have afforded to see them!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blog :) it's so so cute!!
    Please also check mine out, I've only just started blogging and need some followers desperately :)

    http://www.sugar-for-honey.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha your little cat on your nails is deffo a masterpiece! Can't wait to watch you on TV... and I reeeally miss your Tuesday tips, so hope you have time for one soon :)

    http://lowri-armsaroundamemory.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. you can always win me over with a cat picture! so so cute! i would love to see what an illustration of me would look like, itd be so weird
    margief
    x
    www.margieheartsclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE the illustrations of you (and Roxy) - so, so cute! Also, very jealous of your buddy status with NFG... I met them a few years ago and had a bit of a fangirl moment. I'm not particularly cool around my teenage pop punk heros. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post darling...lovely blog, your nail designs are delightful and how fabulous that you got filmed for superscrimpers on channel 4 - I watch that!!!

    Eda x

    www.candyflosscurlscupcakesandcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow what a week! I'm exhausted just looking at it/reading it!

    Naked leopard nails are epic but A CAT ON YOUR THUMB, AMAZING!

    Burn the Blonde
    X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Gem! I read all your blog posts and have recently started "following" you on twitter. Can't get used to saying that without feeling like a stalker!

    I just blogged about my Models Own haul. Sure you've read plenty of posts like that but if you want to stop by...

    http://www.doingitinstyle.blogspot.com

    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This post made me laugh so much after a crap day at work! Love 'Hugh Janus' so much hahahaha, I laughed out loud. Also loved the forever alone comment! Thanks for cheering me up :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. such an eventful week, looked so fun!
    lovely nails as usual!
    Krissy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lmao it took me a while to understand Hugh Janus! Reminded me of on the simpsons when Bart rings Moe hahah. Love all the nail looks, and the illustrations you were sent are so cute! Think the middle is my favourite, though the leopard print bow in the first picture & your cat in the last one are adorable :) x

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL so hard at hugh janus! Gonna use that :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. My blog's not been so great recently, as I have also been busy with making money before heading back to college. But have a look-see if you wish.

    http://fire-exits.blogspot.com/

    And my two favourites:

    http://www.thisisayeisha.blogspot.com
    http://www.niceties.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ikea hotdogs are the business!

    I saw NFG in February this year at a festival, it feels like forever ago. When I move to London in December I'm really looking forward to going to heaps of gigs.

    Enjoy your day off!
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lobe love your blog Gem..well I just recently started my blog off and would love if you would rop by...
    www.flowergypsy.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lobe love your blog Gem..well I just recently started my blog off and would love if you would rop by...
    www.flowergypsy.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your nails and ikea does lovely food, especially the doughnuts


    www.converseandchords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh I'm really looking forward to seeing you on SuperScrimpers again, I really enjoy that program and love seeing another young person who does burn through their money! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the cat on your thumb, very artistic. Also love the leopard print on nude nails! Looking forward to seeing you on Super Scrimpers, always weird seeing people I 'know' on TV!

    Pip x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sounds like such a hectic week! I love being busy though, stops me thinking too much! I cannot wait to see your superscrimpers episode on C4! I hope everything went well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. wew check you and NFG out. Those illustrations are awesommme.

    Helen, X
    http://areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Can't wait for Super Scrimpers! I missed the first series but I will not be making the same mistake again!
    xx
    http://homemadefashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. Girl you are so busy! hanging out with bands and being filmed for television...sounds like someone is mildly famous!

    ReplyDelete
  35. These illustrations are so cute! And your nails - even the cat!!
    I've not long started my blog : rococ0.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Those illustartions are CUTE.
    I had a right giggle at the dominos order...
    I love the naked leopard print nails!

    http://fromafresher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. Laughed a BIT too much at Hugh Janus. Wouldn't say my blog is great but it is new...and does feature wah nails, thanks to you!

    http://notanothernailvarnish.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  38. I' rather jel at youu seeing NFG, i miss those days. On a side note: does your brother live in southampton? i do believe i have seen him in a club there!

    ReplyDelete
  39. You've been a busy bee! Love the cat nail, its nose looks like a little heart, so very cute ^^
    X

    ReplyDelete
  40. Massively jel at you seeing NFG, I saw them when I was 15 and they were FAB. Also the nails are ace, I might have to try those xx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your cat is so cute! And I love your nail art, you're really bloody good at it, I wish I had such a steady hand, as when I try nail art (using a eyeliner brush covered in polish as I'm currently too poor to buy pen) I end up looking like the polish exploded over my nails...xx
    Sirens and Bells

    ReplyDelete
  42. The mini-yous are awesome! Very cute!

    K xx

    ReplyDelete
  43. Amazing nails - love reading your nail posts.

    Please have a look at my blog if you could - http://ontaugmentde.blogspot.com/

    Thank-you - x

    ReplyDelete
  44. Phew I feel a bit tired just reading it! Looking forward to seeing you on tele again :) and those illustrations are absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Well it sounds like you've had an amazing week! Love those illustrations of you, they are amazing! And i loled a lot at 'Hugh Janus' hahahha x

    ReplyDelete
  46. I think we are secret twins that have been separated, my cat is exactly like yours but ginger and he's always out in the garden sun bathing and i did my leopard print on naked nails cause i had no nail varnish on the train to London and we have the same nail file. I went to Ikea for the first time as well and i had a hot dog and and all day today i have been listening to NFG they are truly legends, so yeah we pretty much had the same exact week!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  47. I LOVE the naked leopard nails!
    I have no idea how you get them so neat and the line so thin though!
    I use the same Wah nails pen and I can't seem to get it to do what I want but I suppose practice makes perfect and practice I shall!
    Love your blog, always a treat.
    Fi
    xxx

    Http://fifisstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow I absolutely love the leopard print nails! Do you have a blog post explaining how to do leopard print?

    I absolutely love your blog page and want to try some of your great ideas.

    http://robinsparkles1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥