23.6.11

Sick bags and freebie nail art bags

Hello chums <3

I'm up (very up) in Scotland at the moment, having a rollercoaster time... We had an amazing couple of days in Glasgow visiting Alex's family (and meeting the lovely Ayden) and then drove up to Cullen to Alex's parent's house on Tuesday night. It's been lovely up here. There's so many funny little fishing villages round here (we're right on the coast) and we've been doing a lot of driving around to different towns. Mainly checking out the few charity shops! 

The downside was that at about half midnight last night I started violently vomiting and did so every half an hour until about 7am. I have narrowed culprits down to either Vodka, eating a bit of a chilli which I mistook for red pepper (ouch) and trying Roquefort cheese... So I've been in bed more or less all day and am feeling a lot better now. My back and ribs are really aching from the exertion of it all. 

Then an upside came when I logged onto my Uni website to find I will be graduating Uni with a first on 13th July :D If you knew me in real life, and knew some of the crap I endured at uni, you'll know how cathartic it feels for me to have come through it all with a first. I've always been a B or C-grade girl, so I'm feeling pretty chuffed.

Anyway, here's my sicky self (wearing only mascara) posing with something rather fab I received in Boots on Tuesday! 




(Bow - Primark, Dress - Charity Shop, Nails - Rimmel fruity scented 'Strawberry fizz' and my black and white Models Own x WAH nail pens)

The 'Nail Bar in a Bag' is a Boots freebie available when you buy two 17 products before July 12th. It comes with a leopard print nail file, pink leopard heart-shaped nail stickers (epic) and the Pink Grapefruit and Knockout Red polishes they seem to give away with all of their freebie sets! 

I couldn't pick what to buy, but on a whim I decided to put my Boots card in one of the machines to find out extra deals, and one was to receive a free Hide & Chic concealer pen with any 17 purchase. So with the promise of a free nail art bag AND concealer, I picked a couple of new polishes and cashed in on the freebs! 

Does anyone else check the Boots deal machines? I'm sure they must have a proper name... I'm going to keep doing it in the future!

Anyway, I'm going to go and snuggle with Alex and watch Hollyoaks. He's been such a dreamboat while I've been ill. Emptying my sick bucket and stroking my back whilst wretching... So romantic! Couldn't love that boy more.


PS - Borrowing Alex's dad's camera seeing as mine exploded, but we don't have the lead to upload the pics, hence Photoboothing. Also trying to film a vid diary of our time up here on Alex's Flip-style camera to share with you all, seeing as my last video post was so well received :) 

PPS - What do you make of my new header? I made it on the 6.5 hour train up to Glasgow! The outline is a bit bumpy but I'll rectify it another time. Have never made my own header before! The nail polish was drawn by Emilie Lashmar for one of my uni projects. 
x

48 comments:

  1. aww I hope you feel better soon! It's horrible being ill when you're away from home. I was ill when I was in Valencia AND in Paris, totally ruins the romantic break away...

    And super super congrats on your FIRST! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, hope you're feeling better soon. Being ill sucks! :(

    Loving the new blog header btw, so beautiful(:
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope your feeling better soon, that sounds like a bad combination of foods to have all together so I can imagine you feel more than a bit poorly! :( Also so pleased to hear you got a first for your degree! You should be so proud of yourself and I hope it's enough to get you through the crappyness of being ill. Also I really like your header!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new header! And your goodie bag is shweeet - the little stickers look amazing.
    Feel better soon!

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations on the first!
    and popping down to boots any sec, such a good freebie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so pretty! Not like you've been up all night vomming at all! Joke, but seriously you don't!

    Thumbs up to the new header :) and that goody bag looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great result, go you!!!
    I never check those machines in Boots but I will now, thanks for the tip xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, hate being ill - hope you're feeling better soon! Sounds like you're having a good time, anyway. And I love the new header; would never have thought you'd made it on the train. Proper good! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a lovely time but sucks about being poorly. Hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the first, I know the feeling of being a B or C grade student, so this inspires me a lot! x

    http://non-optional.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your first, that's amazing! Hope you feel better soon :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow your skin is beautifull hope you feel better xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh bless you, being ill on holiday is horrid, I hope you feel better soon! At least your bf is looking after you :)
    And well done on getting a 1st!!! That's such an achievement!
    Sirens and Bells xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww hope you feel better soon and it doesn't ruin your break - and massive congratulations on your 1st, so amazing!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done on getting your first :) You look great in your pictures, especially to say you're sick, I wish I could look that good sick! Hope your feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your first! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw I'm in Glasgow all the time, we could have had a mini meet up! Hope you're feeling better soon, and congrats on (nearly) finishing uni! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. *claps* wow! a 1st go you!!!

    aww hope you feel better soon.

    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. congrats on your first! That's quite spiffing actually!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Totally in love with your new blog design - and your nails look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooo love this nail bar bag, may have to head down to Boots!
    Hope you feel better soon and have a good time in Scotland!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Get well soon so you can go out and have fun! Scotland is awesome when you're not being sick on it.

    K xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. hope you feel better soon, and i didnt know about the boots machine, thanks for that useful information!:)

    laura
    www.lamaepa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Massive Congrats on your FIRST!! So Happy for you, and hope you feel better soon!

    Love your new header.. I also noticed you have a little cat where the blogger thing should be? Did you have to pay for that? I really want it lol!

    Finally.. I have no idea what your on about with the boots machines, I have never seen one lol!

    http://lowri-armsaroundamemory.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well done on the first! They're called advantage card kiosks, ha :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the header and the kitty favicon! Saw it the other day and thought it was cool. :)

    Get well soon, Gem! And congratulations on the first! That's like an A here in America, right?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on your first! That's amazing!

    I think I'd better start checking the Boots machine if that's what you can get. Don't think I've ever used it!

    Hope you feel better soon :)

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sorry you haven't been feeling well, but congratulations on your first! I love the new header, it suits your blog perfectly. I hope your Boots freebies cheered you up a bit after all the sickness :) Hope you feel much better soon.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hope you're feeling better soon and that nail freebie looks awesome definitely checking out my Boots! And congratulations on the First that's fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations on the first!! That's amazing. I love the new header, fits so well with the rest of the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sorry you have been so poorly, but MASSIVE congratulations on your first - that's such a huge achievement and must make all the hard slog so worth it. I never put my Boots card in those machines, will have to give it a try - I have about £25 in points on my card but I can't bear to spend them now I've got so many!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. congrats on your first! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh bless you! Hope you feel better soon, but MAJOR congrats on the degree!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congrats on the first, thats amazing! and i hope you're feeling better soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  35. HUGE congrats on your first Gem! Hope your feeling much better x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congrats on getting a first! Bummer that you're feeling sick but it'll be over soon and you can CELEBRATE!
    I've never used those machines in Boots, I think I will now though. I'm always up for a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I cant believe you were in Cullen!!!
    I dont live too far from there, Did you go to Banff/Buckie/Aberdeen?

    Ayeisha
    x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Awh no, that's horrible! I was sick like that earlier this year - it's seriously one of the worst things to experience EVER. And I hate that your ribs ache for days afterwards haha, bleh. I'm glad you're already feeling much better :)

    I'm wishing we had Boots here now - sounds awesome! Have a great rest of your trip, can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  39. congratulations! yes love boots deal machines, love advantage points in general- don't mind paying extra for stuff to do the points thing! X

    ReplyDelete
  40. love love love love LOVE your blog gem!

    the header looks great. i honestly think the header is wonderful and did not notice the black outer lines until you pointed it out!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hope you're feeling better soon! Love your nails! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Sorry to hear you were so unwell dude! :( But Congrats on the first, that is AMAZING. So proud of you ♥ I need to check out the deals in the boots machines more, I'm always in a rush and end up forgetting. You did get some fab freebies :) Was great to meet you finally, lets hope it's not too long before the next time eh! Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh wow, I didn't know about this freebie! I need this! I just stopped biting my nails and finally have nails I can paint and do nail art on, and I've been still just painting them clear...going to get on this asap. Your nails look absolutely fab, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Sounds like you caught a little bit of food poisoning! What kind of vodka was it? I once had a terrible, terrible reaction to Skyy vodka that I have never had with another brand! Or maybe the cheese wasn't pasteurized? Anyhow, I hope you're feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete
  45. great collection...
    I liked that glam collection...
    specially that pink fur one...that is do lovely..thanks for posting

    Check out cocktail dresses

    ReplyDelete
  46. Well done on the first! I found out today I got a 2.1.
    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow congrats on the 1st - what fab news - well done :) And boo it's horrible getting ill while you're away, but hope you're feeling better now x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥