27.6.11

Monki Business

I have been drooling my head off over the latest issue of Monki Magazine. It's available digitally, but you can subscribe following the link and you'll get FREE printed versions of future editions! How ace is that? In the spirit of crediting all ideas great and small, Jade of Cellardoor Mag fame first told me about this amazing free mag situation. 

So who are Monki? Monki are a Swedish brand that I've been in lust with since reading about on the now defunct (and preggers, seemingly) Style Bytes blog a few years back. They are the sister brand of Cheap Monday and to me seem to sit somewhere between H&M and Topshop, product and price-wise, but with the personality of a small boutique, as evidenced by the genuinely covetable (and did I mention freeeee!) mag they provide. And their blogger-embracing stance!

The brand are finnnally getting a UK airing in September, as a concession in Selfridges. But for now, it's all about the wonderful Summer edition of their magazine, inspired by friendship. Did you ever dream of a magazine with the girly gorgeousness of Lula but without the £356000 price tag? Well, wakey wakey! 

Here are some snaps of my real life version, followed by some screengrabs of the digital edition... 

The letters on the title are all cut out to reveal the pattern on the next page!

Trend pages... The mag is between A4 and A5 by the way. 



A closeup to show you the texture of the paper. Not glossy but thin and... papery feeling. Does this make any sense at all? 



Digital version










Isn't that last page the cutest idea for a beachwear still life shoot? The sea is made of cling film!

See more here and FFS subscribe to the real edition! It's dreamy.

So what do you make of Monki Mag? Do you subscribe already? And has anyone bought from Monki before? What was the verdict there? So many questions!!

xo

32 comments:

  1. That looks awesome. Thanks for the heads up - I'm always happy to grab a freebie magazine. Especially when it's as gorg as that!

    Sorcha x
    Bonfire Brunette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never heard of this magazine but I'm off to have a flick through the digital version and sign up to the paper version (nothing like thumbing through a real magazine; electronic doesn't quite cut it for me!) I love that last photo with the bespectacled pineapple!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with Monki but I'm extremely disappointed that it's going to be a concession in Selfridges, since I live in Wales that means I have no chance of getting any gorgeous items from there unless I go to Birmingham, Manchester or London which is WAY too out of the way to go to one shop. I wish they would launch properly and open up a chain of stores throughout the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for posting about this; it looks so lovely in print, I've just subscribed - can't believe it's free!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for introducing me to this clothes shop and magazine! I have subscribed and can't wait for there stuff to pop up in Selfridges
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I've never heard of Monki! The lookbook is darling. I will have to subscribe to it now, thanks for sharing about it, sweetheart!

    ♥, Jamie
    www.TheFancyTeacup.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember of hearing of Monki years ago too and so glad to hear its coming to the uk! yesss. They have some really lovely stuff in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never even heard of this concept before. . .love it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just subscribed to this Gem! Thanks for recommending (: I love Monki as a clothing brand, didn't know they had a magazine too. And a free one at that! Hope you're well love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. im so glad someone has picked up Monki, ive being lusting over the website for months! Lets hope ASOS pick it up too so it's a little more accessible! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks amazing.. I'm subscribing :)

    http://lowri-armsaroundamemory.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never heard of it before but I'm signing up!
    Sirens and Bells xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks awesome, I shall have to check it out.

    K xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, thanks for the tip! I love scrapbooking so definitely subscribing :)

    Hello, Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  15. definitely signing up for the free version! aha, kind of justifies my lula subscription now...

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love the look of it! i think its so much more interesting when magazines make an effort to be more creative than sticking pictures on pages and i love these spreads! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Monki and I'm so glad they are coming the UK albeit only in selfridges.. I've been to the one in Hong Kong and it's AMAZING! The clothes are decently priced (can never afford topshop these days!) plus I love the interior of the store especially the changing rooms! As H&M recently bought the company hopefully they should be opening stand alone stores not too long after selfridges. I hope! Love the magazine too (AND IT'S FREE!!) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really love what I'm seeing and this is just a glimpse, i think this is already my favourite magazine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The magazine's so cute! I might have to take a pineapple to the beach with me next time too! And I'm pretty sure I was in lust with one of their gingham dresses recently but resisted like a good girl.

    Thanks for the comment the other day, by the way. Your blog always gives me such a chuckle, so was awesome to know you were reading my rambles! 8 )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Magazines absolutely gorgeous! Will check it out cheers Gem x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks brilliant - just my cup of tea!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  22. ah i love Monki. I always bring my copy into work & it soon dissapears ... x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooh thanks for this - just sent off for my issue :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'd heard of it before, but never knew it was free so THANKYOU for the post because I'm now signed up and will be eagerly waiting for my copy haha! X

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've got the last two editions and it's just brilliant. I wish they would ship to Belgium...cause there's so many things I want. Monki is completely my taste!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I adore this magazine too, the fact that it's practically a condensed version of lula for free has me grinning from ear to ear :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. ah that is so gorgeous! i love that still life, a sea made of cling film is GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Haha this magazine looks ace, am checking it out right now! That last beach photo is lovely, makes me want to go to the seaside. For some reason I thought the pineapple looked like a chicken for a second...

    ReplyDelete
  29. and a web shop ? : D
    it's a dream for a french girl

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've just seen this :) Thanks for the shout out ha.
    It was just too pretty not to share - I think this issue was my fave! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥