17.6.11

Lookbook LOVE: Topshop AW/11

** Thank you to those that willed Amazon to replace my busted camera. They are refunding me because it's discontinued now and I'm going to look for a new one in Scotland next week!**

SO much love for the new Topshop A/W lookbook! They have really tapped into some of my fave, fave  styles, making next season far more exciting to me than the past couple for me. Here are some of the best looks:

Psychobilly

This achingly cool trend is literally singing to me. Cropped bikers, skinny ankle swingers, leopard print, ankle socks and creepers. DREAMY. This is just such a strong statement, and kudos to Topshop for making it one of their major trends because it clearly isn't the most commercial look. I can't imagine the average Topshop shopper salivating over this like me (at least in Canterbury, anyway), so fingers crossed it ends up in the sale and I can swoop in and purchase it all! I'm also adding black lippie to my to-try list as of... now. 







Thrift

A bit of classic ironic granny chic, mixed with some seventies furry, flared and flowery vibes. Made all the more ironic by the fact we'll be paying ridonkulous prices for a trend named 'Thrift'! Lolz aside, I am highly inspired by the quirky animal knits and yet more skinny ankle swingers. I'm feeling the abundance of collars and polka dots, and am loving that every heel in these shots is a square chunky one. Perfect for clumsy oafs like me that don't want to skulk about in flats all the time! 








Glam Rock

This will no doubt be the more glamorous trend they release before christmas for the partay season. The clothing isn't my thing, but the pictures have an air of awesome, and the glittery boots are mesmerising! If I believed in night life, this is totally what I'd wear out. Bit much for my evenings of TV shows and takeaways!



[All images courtesy of Topshop, duh.]

So what do you make of it all? If you wanna see more, this is the link to the lookbook. Not sure if I'll get in trouble for sharing it or not, but I'll locate my inner Psychobilly badass and post it anyway. Until I get told off, anyway. 


35 comments:

  1. glam rock is all i need in my life. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just posted about this too! I thought of you instantly when I saw the ankle socks and creepers!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pyschobilly literally looks like the best thing I may have seen in Topshop ever. I wanted to look at the thrift pictures, but had to scroll down to comment first because I was too excited by the Pyschobilly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's a lot more all over the place than it normally is, but i love it all the same. the first one definitely looks like it'll suit you ;)

    http://kaydotoh.blogspot.com/ x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pyschobility and glam looks are perfect. Can't wait for them to arrive in store, although sooner rather than later might be good with the weather we are having. It'll be worse in Scotland though. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's definately a lot more interesting than what's in topshop at the moment! Can't wait to see it in the shops!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really loving the "Thrift", that fur-collared black coat is officially on my list.

    Must warn you - stay away from black lipstick. I had to wear it for a week, and it was awful! Although my black friend wears it on nights out because it looks amazing on her...

    K xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. pyschobility + thift is soo me!

    exicted cant wait for it land instore.

    I suggest you try 'Cyber' MAC or 'Ruthless' Topshop rather than black - their a dark dark purple

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I'm inlove with the whole 70s style "thrifted" look. I'm already sitting here wishing for september to come! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh lots of prettiness! Love all the fur trimmings and maroons, think I'm gonna like Fall even more than usual! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I reckon psychobilly and glam rock will be less popular than thrift with most people cos psychobilly is a bit "different" compared to what most Topshop shoppers will be used to, and glam rock is probably ridic expensive by looking at the images! I don't like the idea of the thrift trend because Topshop's £12 for a basic vest prices are exactly the opposite of what thrifting's about, just seems a bit hypocritical! XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gad, love it!
    X

    freshlysqueezedfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in love with everything! Topshop always take such amazing pictures!

    http://lowri-armsaroundamemory.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the psychobily look, like you said a really strong statement. I like th ethrift look too, just wondering if I could make it myself from charity shops!

    ReplyDelete
  15. with you on the psychobilly trend - the houndstooth trousers need to get in my wardrobe NOW.
    jenn.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG. Loving the psychobilly trend. Absolutely cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't been impressed with ts generally for a while, but those top two...YES! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are amazing, I'm particularly happy about the psychobilly look too considering I recently aquired a pair of creepers - it feels most appropriate. I also adore the mustard coat from the thrift look although I'll try to actually go thrifting instead of settling for Topshop's overpriced copies... Also, well done on your work experience! I knew it had to be The Times and it sounds like you had a great time as well as contributing a great deal to it. Congrats again :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yes. Plenty there to keep me amused, I enjoy most things where creepers are embraced. Enjoy your time in Scotland.

    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love everything about the Glam Rock looks xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. They're all so amazing and vintage-eqsue! I doubt I'll be able to afford it, though, I'll stick to twaling through charity shops to recreate those looks! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am loving the thrift collection, especially the yellow & red outfit and the cute doggy jumper awww.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm loving the look of the dog tshirt, and the red dress/yellow coat. x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my, suddenly can't wait for Autumn/Winter!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like thrift, but as you say... not sure about paying Topshop prices for thrift! Hehe. Might do it the old fashioned way!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hoorah for Thriftiness! Depending on where in Scotland you're going to I could give you a good charity-shop shopping guide- It's always been my dream to do a charity shop tour of Scotland!

    Nx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Loving the Thirft collection, obvs! That mustard yellow coat is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  28. love all of these looks! i like mustardy warm colours :) you have such a lovely blog, i'd be honoured to hear your thoughts on mine :) ronan x

    http://ronanronanronan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Topshop is so tempting. I love it and there is a store opening and i will by everything.

    ReplyDelete
  30. All the looks are lush, looking forward to autumn/winter alot!

    www.bethscircus.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm looving this! I am not too keen on Topshop, mainly cuz our local one is crap, but I'm so totally scouting the website come fall for the sparkly boots! SPARKLY BOOTS! I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I LOVE those coats in the thrift trend! Needdddddd

    ReplyDelete
  33. The psychobilly range is gorgeous!I actually have a fur coat similar to the one in the glam section but in white, i've never worn it...

    ReplyDelete
  34. I LOVE psychobilly! If you're looking for a more kind of subdued yet still kooky kind of look then I think Topshop have definetely captured it!
    I myself prefer a more brightly coloured, punky look ... look on Retro Rebels their stuff is fab!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥