21.4.11

Lazing on a sunny afternoon

Hola! 

Sorry I haven't been able to post. Besides being mega busy, I couldn't find my memory card reader anywhere, so my photos were imprisoned on my cam, and thus my Tuesday tip was scuppered! I found the reader this morning (down the sofa, obvz) and just figured it's best to save it until a Tuesday rather than mid week!

You'll have to bear avec moi and my flaky ways for a while longer as I'm reaching the final furlong of my uni degree. I hand in on May 16th. And then I am chilling.the.eff.out. 

Speaking of chilling out, I had an undeserved day of relaxation yesterday. After going for lunch with our friends Jen and Martin, Alex and I got some Slush Puppies and headed to the 'secret garden' in Canterbury. It's just off the high street and down a little path beside some houses and it is so peaceful! The perfect place for some reading and Raspberry slush. I may have shattered the peace a smidge when I realised wasps were fans of Raspberry slush too... They chased me. I shrieked. I downed that icy goodness and moved swiftly to a different part of the garden. 

Pre wasp invasion:







(Blouse - Guerrisol Paris, Jeans - Topshop, Sandals c/o F&F at Tesco, Sunnies and bow - H&M, Cardi - Primark, Slush Puppy - Benji's sweet shop)




Alex on my knee reading Sartres... Me reading Russell's Booky Wook 2...

Anyone reading my Twitter last night will know the telly thing I've been involved in lately. I was contacted by Channel 4 to appear in their new show SuperScrimpers, sharing some of my moneysaving DIY/beauty ideas. Tuesday Tip readers will know the gist of most of them, but if you want to see them on the tellybox, check it out Wednesday at 8.30pm! I think I will be featured on it for a couple of weeks at least. There is a very amusing scene with Mrs Moneypenny (she came to my house!) Don't get me wrong, I have no plans to work in TV, but it sounded like too fun an opportunity to turn down! Plus, I think us scrimping young'uns could use a bit of representation on the show!

(Being filmed behind my polishes!)

I have lots of funny tales to share about the filming etc, but will save those until the show airs! Dreading watching it - I don't know if I'll be able to......

Anyway, back soon. I'm going to crack on with my work!! Good luck to anyone else with deadlines or exams coming up... We can do it!

40 comments:

  1. CANNOT WAIT to see you on supersrimpers! Gunna set it to autorecord! Woop lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Slush Puppy matches your sunnies. Awesome. I don't watch tv due to not owning one at uni, but I am most defs going to watch you leoparding and polkaing online!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lovely chilled sunny day - perfect. Apart from the wasps, obviously.

    Can't believe you're going to be on tv - that is SO exciting! I'm sure we'll all be watching, in a "we know her!" kinda way - go you!

    www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha omg can't believe you're gonna be on tv!! that's amazing. i'm enjoying how happy the cameraman is and now i want a slush. at 11.40pm. excellent xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha wicked! I'm sure the Channel 4 views will go up with all your followers watching you :D Can't wait to see it. Been very intrigued following your mysterious tweets haha :D Congratulations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like your top! great colour and also great news about the show! Bet you're very chuffed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super excited about seeing you on the screens!

    Love your outfit! You look FIT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh my god! I watch that every weehk, I love miss moneypenny! How exciting :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh Im so going to tune it, that sounds like so much fun to watch
    Can't think of a better way to chill out than slushies with friends, mind the pun

    Hope the works going well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. deek you looking all chilled out in the sun. Wish I could look half as glam. Second the heat comes I just turn in to this horrible mess who just wants to be comfortable..which means nice loose things and a cold compress on hand at all times. Namely cause ended up giving myself sun stroke a couple of years ago...not an experience I'm in a hurry to repeat.
    By the by...boy and I love superscrimpers...DEAD pleased you're on it xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was listening to the Kinks this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, I thought only I knew about the "secret" garden in Canterbury, I used to sit and read there all the time, it´s such a nice place to chill. Good luck with your uni work.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. How exciting! Its about time they bought a younger person on to that show, I look forward to hearing your tips! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh wow how exciting, being on TV! Never watched the programme before but will deffo tune in.
    Loving the summer outfit - bad times with the wasps though! :o) xx

    http://mystyledefine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the outfit! and i absolutely LOVE your tattoo. Slush puppies are the heaven of all crushed up iciness..don't think that made sense i just Luv em'.

    Well done on the channel 4 thing! I was shocked when you said you was on it next week. I'll definitely be tuning in

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Super Scrimpers! I'm so excited to see you on my telly box!

    Penny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. amazing! i can't believe you're going to be on tv, how exciting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I didn't know you could still get Slush Puppies! Super exciting about the TV program--can't wait to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is amazing gem. can't believe your going to be on tv! there will be no waiting around in queues for fashion shows next lfw! can't wait to watch it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can't wait for super scrimpers this week, it will be nice to have some younger people on there!! I also love your hair bow, I can never seem to get my head scarves to look like that!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. The secret garden sounds like heaven to me, here all we have is parks full of horrible people playing football. I'd love to be able to go somewhere peaceful in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's so exciting, I love Superscrimpers! Love your sandals too, they're fab. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooh how exciting! I'll definitely be tuning in :) nice post, i love a good slush puppie x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wowsers how exiting , your really going up in the world lady . You should be super proud xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, you look so lovely and summery! Damn the wasps, I hate them.
    And congratulations on the show - that's actually amazing and I just might have to watch it :)

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm setting the Sky Plus now. I'm rather excited to see you on the telly.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The wasps always seem to find me too :) Congrats on the tv feature! I'm sure it'll be brilliant.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow that sounds amazing, definitely gonna tune in and watch! xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations!! :) I love your Tuesday Tips, so a whole TV show based on shizz like that sounds awesome.

    I'm reading Booky Wook 2 at the moment! I've got to the last chapter and I genuinely don't wanna read it to the end, because there isn't another of his books to follow. I love him a stupid amount!

    I love your hair like that, makes me wanna chop all mine off..

    http://helloscrapbook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cute outfit. Yay super excited, well done :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. You better Youtube that shiz for your fans abroad!

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMG can not wait, and we were talking about it hahaha WELL DONE !!!! Gem super proud of you kitten, I think you more than earned a place on the show, your tips are beyond amazing. I'm recording it anyway, haha well done girly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. im obsessed with slush puppies at the moment. i usually have to go to blockbusters to get my fix. will def be checking out that place in town. get you being on super scrimpers! will certainly be tuning in xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your outfit, the secret garden sounds like my idea of heaven! I need to find some time to relax with a good book!
    Can't wait to see the programme, sounds good! I'll record it;).
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  35. omggg i was watching that this week! will definitely tune in, your tips are perfect for it! when i was on that frock me thing i watched it once and never again, very strange to watch yourself! congrats!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  36. You and your boy look fab chilling in the sun :) havent had a slush puppy in aaaages! cannot wait to watch you on telly this week, I was telling David and he was tres impressed too :) so proud of youuuuu xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. omg thats so exciting! soo gonna watch it 2moz!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Where is this secret garden?! There's little grassy bits all over Canterbury, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥