8.4.11

Farmyard fun

Hey hey!

I thought I'd share some funny pics from my trip home at the weekend to visit my mum and sister for mother's day. We visited Blackberry Farm 'The Fashion Farm' eagle-eyed readers may recall from last year!

Me and my sister are obsessed with animals so it was very selfless of mum to suggest a trip to the farm! We did feel slightly out of place being the only visitors without small children with us. Especially whilst barging toddlers out of the way when it came to animal handling time! Haha! So, here's some highlights:

Chillin' on a tractor. Or something?

(Jacket - Topshop, Dress - Primark, Boots - chazza, headscarf - H&M)

I loved this rebellious orphan goat-baby! He kept jumping from his enclosure into the Guinea Pig enclosure to eat their food!


Caught red-hoofed!!


We also met this little Catten (smaller than a cat, bigger than a kitten!) who was so friendly and dosile that she literally fell asleep in my sister's arms. Shannon proceeded to carry her around the farm for much of the afternoon.


Me hanging out with a little bird! Sobbing toddlers just out of the shot. (Just joking, everyone got their fair share of animal playtime! After I'd had my turn.)


Some cheerful farm imagery for da kids!


We met another friendly cat whilst sitting down for a cuppa. Mum got us a 'hot chocolate' which turned out to taste like warm muddy water. As it was mother's day I tried to force it down to be polite, but whilst she was in the toilet I tipped it out on the grass. Then Shannon got the 'crying thing' as we call it, when you feel really racked with guilt/pity for someone and want to cry. Haha! So we confessed to mum the hot choc was an insult to our tastebuds, and she went into the cafe and politely explained their error, and we got some free Slush Puppies instead. Woo! It pays to complain, people.



(Friendlycat was lying on her back on my lap! So cute!)


I was glad to note the farm hadn't lost its fashion sense since my last visit, with the appearance of some dungarees - all the rage this Spring/Summer! The scarecrow was truly ahead of its fashion years with its twig-for-a-hand look, which is tipped by some trendspotters to be a key look for A/W 2014. It's an avant-garde (not to mention painful and irreversible) style statement only to be attempted by the most dedicated fashion followers.


Other highlights of my trip home included my mum and I abusing my Shannon's beauty know-how (she's studying beauty at college). She tinted my lashes and brows, and plucked mum's eyebrows. The difference a bit of plucking did to mum's droopy eyes was unreal. Only an hour before, she'd been getting me to Google eye surgery for her, but afterwards, they looked so much better! Plucking does make such a difference to your face. It's just occurred to me that if my mother mated with the above Scarecrow, they would quite literally have some droopy eyed armless children, like in the Charlie Sheen rant!

Good god I've said some ridiculous things in this post! It is clear that the stress of my uni work has left me mentally unhinged.

Speaking of which, I'm going to crack on with it. Not really sure where I could've gone after mother-scarecrow mating to be honest!

I'll try and post something clothing-ish tomorrow! Have fun in the sun, UK-ers.

41 comments:

  1. Awhhh this looks like so much fun, love the friendly cats! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. three words: best, post & ever. I laughed out loud and it's not often I do that whilst I'm sat on my own and reading off a screen, be proud Gem, be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahaha i love this post. a lot of love for those cats! <3
    sounds and looks like you had a lovely time, i need to visit this farm!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, I love this post :)
    me & the BF always go to zoo's of any sort- I work with animals & just adore them. We went to a petting farm yard last year, and I got to hold a baby chick, highlight!!!!
    We also feel a bit silly, 'no we don't have children, yes we are here because we want to be'. It's not like the kids are old enough to fully understand or appreciate it anyway- HA!
    Love the outfit, you look too gorgeous for a farm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, such an amazing post! You do make me laugh.
    The cats are precious, and you look like you had the best day :)

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this post is a tribute to your insanity and i think it's only right that you be sectioned under the mental health act.
    HAHAHAHAH you are so funny. that sc'row (better patent that before it's picked up by Vogue) is bang on trend, pretty sure I follow his blog.
    when i was 5 i used to have a lamb called tinkerbell.

    fave post ever! xo.
    gh0stparties.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post Gem!
    Looks like you had a lovely time! Don't feel silly, you just love animals, just as much as children, nothing wrong with that :D Those cats are sooo cute.. and great outfit! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. no way that 2nd cat looks identical to my cat! even the floppyness!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hilarious post Gem, I've just laughed quite a lot. I want to visit that farm! The first pic of the rebellious goat is brilliant - how did he manage to do that?! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pahaa! Oh Gem this is such a fab post. Genuine lols over here [it's still cool to say that, right?].
    And as if the thought of sobbing toddlers and breakaway goats wasn't funny enough, you managed to link to the funniest youtube of this year. Cracking. Up.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. haahaha this post is hilarious! I love it! Do more just like this!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I need to go to this farm pretty soon!! Where is it?? x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Got to love a family trip to the farm!!
    nicola xxx
    www.welcome-to-nicola-land.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. By the look of that smile it appears you had such a wonderful time! I'm an animal lover to, would be great to work with animals even though they say it's never a good thing! That scarecrow made me seriously laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  16. great post. And not just because I love cats. How cute is that word 'catten'!<3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha I love the escapee goat, excellent timing on the shots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a lovely post! That baby goat is hilarious xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute trip! the lil gerbil like animal looks so cute and peaceful cupped in your palm....awww

    Onyxsta says BLEURGH!!
    http://say-bleurgh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love going to farms and zoos. I am obsessed with animals too and love going into childrens petting zoos (even if I do get lots of strange looks!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh so many lols!! Think the red-hoofed goat was my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  22. sounds like a fun day out :)

    i have an opi giveaway, go look.
    http://whatjaccididnext.blogspot.com/2011/04/gift-from-me-to-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like you had fun. The goat picture is funny lol x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aw, DUDE this post is soo cute and refreshingly different! I've just been giggling into my cup of tea and I think I'm about to google "adopting a baby goat". Made my Saturday morning. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That baby goat looks adorableeee!!! I don't know what it is with me and goats I've always wanted one and have been trying to convince my mum to get one for the past 10 years.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  26. How cute is the catten?! This looks like sooo muc fun, I might need to go and see if there's anything like this near me!!

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  27. aww I want the naughty goat! how cute!! *crying toddlers* this made me laugh :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. http://peacefulltigerblood.blogspot.com/p/give-away.html

    theres a give away on my blog check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I errupted like a veitable LOLCANO at the droopey-eyed armless children comment - the more bizarre and ridiculous the better as far as I'm concerned!

    And yes, to echo the others, awwwwwwwww how cute! My maw's got a smallholding with lambs, piglets, puppies and kittens so it's all go up here too. Love spring :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ha ha great post, made me laugh.

    I used to work at one of those places and got to drive the tractor to take people to see the pigs out in the field - so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. LOVE YOUR BLOG ♥
    xxx
    visit mine?=)
    http://fashionhanimmerve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. This was such a hilarious post! I laughed a lot at the thought of you booting kids out of your path on the way to play with baby goats!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Looks like so much fun! That baby goat is amazing, i've wanted one for ages ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gem...you are hilariously good. I laughed out loud to that photo of you perched on that tractor! Quite the accessory!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is seriously the most I have ever smiled at a blog post gem :) that cheeky little lamb is such a lol, its looking back at you as if 'oh shit, busted!'. And the little chick is so cute, along with that super friendly and super fluffy kitty :') Can you take me to this place, please? I love hands on animal time! Haha. And good on your mum for complaining about the hot chocos - Ive been doing quite a bit of complaining recently but it has been worth it xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the photo of you on a tractor!
    There is a ncie placve like that enar me called Cwmbran Community farm, haven't been since school, really want to pop along and see the piggoes
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. ahh that baby goat is SO cute! have you been watching that lambing live? I caught a bit of it yesterday, I now want a pet lamb!

    ReplyDelete
  38. "Caught red-hoofed"
    Can't stop laughing, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  39. oh, i love that tractor photo, so cute:-) !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥