12.3.11

Leave me with some kind of proof it's not a dream...


Happy Weekend! 

Before I chuck pictures of my outfits in your face, I thought I'd share an OMG-worthy moment of my week with those that might not have read about it on Twitter. The Clothes Horse posted my LFW Day 3 outfit on Tumblr, then one of my all-time faves Calivintage reblogged it... And then... Hayley from Paramore reblogged it from Calivintage's Tumblr! Adding 'If I could find this girl and marry her, I would. Such style!' 

Surreal and extremely flattering! Definitely glad I decided to dress down on that day now. I felt like a bit of a freak at the time! It seems to have gone a bit viral, as the pic has over 400 notes! Thanks to the comments, I've learnt some amazing new buzz phrases for my style - 'rockabilly meets librarian', 'a white version of steve urkel' - haha! 

Anyway, onto some outfits. After taking these next two photographs, my camera promptly commit suicide. 'Lens error' were its final words. Two great things came of this:

1) Amazon gave me mindblowing service and I now have a replacement camera 24 hours after phoning them up! 

2) I had to take the next set of photos on my old mahoosive camera, and have realised it is 500 times better for taking outfit photos with. Happy times! 

So here's what I wore to work the other day (old cam):



The shirt was an impulse buy on the last day of my uniform allowance, and this was the first time I wore it. I'm not mad about it, I think it enlarges my top half, as if it needed the assistance! The hair bow round the waist is a H&M bargain from last summer, and the cardigan is a new Primark bargain (£6). It's the perfect length and shape for me, so I've been wearing it lots since purchasing. 

And here's what I wore to work on another day (new cam - so much better)! We had this biannual inspection on our Visual Merchandising, so it's been a crazy busy week at work. I got to help the VM's out loads though, which was a dream! A hardcore work out, too! I dressed 10 mannequins and did lots of other cool stuff. The store got an amazing result in the inspection so all of our hard work paid off. 

We had to look really 'Topshop' for the inspection, so I went in the theme of 'Swedish Summer' (one of our trends in store). Cue collars and clogs! 




(Dress and shoes - Topshop, Lipstick - 17 in 'Showbiz')

I also tried out OPI nail polish for the first time. I got a shade called 'Wing It' in my goodie bag at the Olivia Rubin show at LFW. This picture doesn't really show it's full potential. It's a pinky-coraly jelly with pink and blue micro-glitter in! Absurd! It is hideous and mesmerising in equal measures. Better pictures of the shade on this blog


I'm off to get ready for work now. 

Hope you have a fun weekend planned? When I'm not at work I'll be doing my uni project. Yayyyyyy.

♥ 

46 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing that Hayley reblogged it! The outfit kind of reminds me of a more toned down Style Rookie outfit (must be the specs). The OPI nail polish is gorgeous! Will have to see if they've got it on ASOS xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I just discovered your blog and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woww. Gem you're a total internet celebrity now!
    I love the socks with the cloggy sandals! And your hair is looking amazing at the moment. I have a really strong urge to cut mine off into a crop at the moment, but I know I'd regret it afterwards as i don't have the right kind of face for short hair. (Also, trying to explain what kind of haircut I want in German would no doubt lead to disaster and the world's weirdest barnet. Mullets are quite trendy here in Austria...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love both outfit but if I had to choose, the second one would be my favouite. i have those black spotty socks too, so cute and I love the clogs, cos they're pretty much flat they musn't be too uncomfortable to work it. That's so cool Hayley reblogged you and everyone has such awesome stuff to say abou your style =)

    Love the nail varnish also, really lush colour


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so envious of you right now. Can't believe Hayley reblogged and said that!
    Gorgeous outfits.. I am in love with your hair.

    www.amyssecretcloset.blogspot.com
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is AMAZING! How many people in the world can say that Hayley from Paramore wants to marry them!
    Rockabilly meets librarian is also an awesome name for a style!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is unbelievably cool :) a little jealous i must admit!

    Love your style, especially the peter pan collar dress. I really like the nail colour too, for some reason it reminds me of the colour of fruit twist fanta :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so lucky! You must be absolutely over the moon! Gemma & Hayley sitting in the tree.. Haha.

    Love your outfit posts, it's tres chic!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How awesome! I really like the shirt in the first outfit and I love the dress in the 2nd :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's brilliant! Love Hayley from Paramore too! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So I have met a celeb now? ;) I have that spotty dress in the rust colour, like yours so much better though. No idea how to wear mine! HELP! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow that's amazing gem!
    love the nail polish as wellxxx


    stilettosandcigarettes

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, thats so good!

    love the tie around the shirt xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. that's so cool you were reblogged so much! though i imagine it to be quite overwhelming? amazing though. love all of your outfits :) you are the cutest. hope you have a good weekend! xo

    wakeupbuttercup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's amazing about Hayley commenting on your outfit! Wow.
    Love your sandals with socks here and that nail polish is gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. no way! thats great!!!
    i love your outfit xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both lovely outfits! I really like the shirt in the first outfit, I think it quite suits you!
    And that's so exciting being reblogged by Hayley Williams! Eeeeh! :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awwww I saw your tweet and actually squealed with joy for you! I LOVE HAYLEY....<3
    LOL about "white steve urkel" ....thats jokes!

    Xisses, Onyxsta

    http://say-bleurgh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I saw your tweet... should I be embarrassed that I had to google and find out who Hayley/Paramore are?! haha.

    I love the second outfit. I have that dress too, so easy to wear. The leopard scarf round you waist looks great xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahh I saw about that on Twitter, amazing!! I used to work for Topman Lloyds shoes and once had to talk through the department to the guy who is one down from Steve Jobs - SO SO SO scary! Well done on the result though :)

    R x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haha I love that little story and I love Paramore so it can't get much better really.

    I realised some of hits were coming from Tumblr the other day only to realise one of my outfits had be tumblr-d by calivintage and the clothes horse too! So surreal! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, this is fantastic news Gem! Does that mean you're famous now?! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dressing mannequins is the equivalent of a gym workout, I swear!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I lovee your swedish style outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, it's brilliant that she reblogged you and how sweet that she wrote that.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my, that's amazing! You must have had the biggest blog geek excitement ever!
    That second outfit is gorgeous. The collar, the spots, the clogs, the leopard print.... *sighs*

    ReplyDelete
  27. Bloody hell! Check you out, like you said it's very surreal but I bet you're well chuffed! :) Really like your outfit post too, the shirt is lovely.

    Katie, x

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow Gemma, that is so OMG! how cool is that, you have style girl- you heard it from Hayley- it can only be the truth.
    I did love that outfit, I adore that you can pull off things like that, on me & a lot of others, it would just look a bit weird, a bit messy & gahhh! But you looked great.
    I love your 'topshop' outfit too, that dress is lovely, the socks & clogs are great together
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Omfgz no way! you're so lucky aha. I love the polkadot dress <3

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! That is so amazing, Gem! It was a great outfit!

    I love both looks but I'm particularly fond of the second - you picked up the 'Swedish Summer' theme perfectly, but still kept it 'you'!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the second outfit so much!
    love the nail varnish too, such a gorgeous summery colour!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love all the outfits, I have a bit of a thing for clogs ha xo.

    ReplyDelete
  33. MEGA BABE! Deffo not jealous Hayley wants to marry you. Nope, not at all!

    ReplyDelete
  34. wow that is awesome! love that song, by the way...cannot believe Hayley reblogged it...wicked. I love those clogs by the way- I am assuming they are Topshop? Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I read about Hayley on Twitter - it's so amazing! You must be mega chuffed :D
    As for your outfits, I love your wedges and spotty socks. The leopard print on both outfits looks great too,

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow- what an amazing compliment!!
    K

    http://youmehello.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the idea of the hair bow tied around the waist, lovee the clogs too! XX

    ReplyDelete
  38. That is so amazing about Hayley from Paramore! Did you see your blog stats shoot up mahooosively? Love that topshop dress, polka dots + scalloped peter pan collar = win!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm so jealous, Gem! I'd turn lesbian for Hayley. I can imagine you'd both live a very happy life together <3 Looking gorgeous as per usual Missy! Love your outfits and nails! Hope things are calmer this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. wwwoow! I feel strangely proud and smug that I have a connection to someone who hayley williams would marry haha!

    i love that topshop dress! I tried it on but alas it didn't flatter my arms

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great psot lovely! You look gorgeous, cute little outfit! + oh my Hayley reblogged, LUCKY! xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. How frikkin' cool that Hayley and calivintage posted your pic! It was a wicked outfit though, so I'm not surprised they did :)

    Really loving that lipcolour on you, 17 makeup is one of my fave cheapie brands. x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Did a little dance when I read this dude! That is seriously so awesome :) No wonder, you look cool as fook in the pic! ;) loves it. Well done you. Lookin' lovely as always, and well done on your store getting good results! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥