2.2.11

What I did last night

[Worst title ever on this blog. Soz, Alex is pressurising me to post so we can catch up with GypWedz!]

Last night, after a spot of aggro with the jobsworth tosspot at the train station who made me miss my train (forcing me to buy a ticket then and there, even though train was on the platform*!!), I arrived (late) to the VoucherCodes 'Fashion Revolution' party at the swanky Soho Hotel. It was basically an excuse for bloggers and journalists (and Hannah Ashworth from Hollyoaks, apparently!) to hang out and get merry. And take embarrassing photobooth pictures! More on that in a tick...

Here's what I wore. The pictures were taken at about midnight when I got back to Canterbury:





(New Topshop dress, Topshop jacket, H&M belt, Charity shop boots, 17 lippie in Showbiz, fittingly!)


I saw some familiar faces (Winnie, Kristabel, MJ, Jazzabell, Alice, Miss Woo, Fritha, Sherin) and some new ones too (Elisabeth, Jackie, Clara and Harriet!). I have probably forgotten people too, as I have the worst memory ever. Because I was late I only had about an hour to chat to people, as there was a screening of Marie Antoinette at the event at 8pm. Bloggy events can often be a bit frustrating as there's never enough time to chat to everyone that you want to. Someone NEEDS to organise some sort of blogger speed-dating so everyone has the chance to meet each other! If I had an organised bone in my bod, I'd do it! Any takers?

Well, I suppose I'd better share the ridiculous photo booth picture as I know they'll turn up somewhere else... I got a bit rained on on the way there, so my hair was doing a convincing impression of... something very scruffy and mop like, which was just great! Oh, and if it looks like I've hogged the limelight, there was no screen to judge where to stand, so my mop has unintentionally obscured Miss Woo and her pal!







The last pic is the debut of my lesser-seen (on here, at least) talent for pulling crazy faces! A gift Kristabel clearly possesses too!

All in all, It was a really funny night, and lovely as ever to have a chance to hang out with other bloggers.

True to form, it wasn't long before the glamour of an evening schmoozing with bloggers and journos wore off and I was on the train eating a smoked salmon salad on the train with my bare hands. I'm not a neanderthal... I was just unlucky enough to buy a salad that didn't come with a fork!

I always seem to end up in some ridiculously juxtaposing situation at/after events like this. I don't think I told you about the time I went to the Tea & Cake PR press day and dropped my cupcake on the floor, and then tipped my Malibu and Coke on the floor whilst bending down to pick up the cake. A double whammy of shame! The room literally fell silent. I made a swift exit and spent the rest of the night in a sticky icing stained dress, smelling faintly of Malibu.

Love, your pal, the village idiot of fashionsville.



* - After he made me buy the ticket, I got through the gates only for the train to pull away as I was pressing the button. I was SO angry, I stormed out of the station and said, 'I hope you're happy, you jobsworth pr**k' to the old sod. Very out of character, please believe me, but he was just so smug. GRRR.

39 comments:

  1. Sounds like an amazing night!!

    Georgie
    xx

    http://styleprincessdiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sooo wondered what Hannah was doing there! I was too shy to say hi! :) but i love your photo booof photos! ill scan in mine tomorrow so you can look at our awful mugs!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, i remember reading your twitter during the train situation - hopefully all will be better next time.

    And I love the photos of you and fritha - her hair! voom!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA I love the last photo!! Brilliant faces.

    I also bought a salad the other day without a fork (bloody M&S! I always forget you have to pick up your own cutlery!) so I sat on the train scoffing with my paws. We truly are classy girls.

    Sounds like a really fun event :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. eee that looks like you had so much fun!

    Hahah i'm sorry to laugh at your salmon/previous cake related incidents but they are funny! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s i hope somebody does the speed dating thing!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh it was great to see you again and those photos.....eeeek! You also didn't tell of your trying to leave early and ending up wacthing most of the film! Run Gem Run! Ahhhh! I tweeted earlier about a mass meet-up, maybe similar to plus London that could take place in the Summer? Not sure if anything will come of it, but maybe could take over a park/pub en masse? We'll see....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great night! I love the dress, I've been lusting after it in Topshop!! Only just found your blog, but I love it and I'm now your newest follower!! :)
    Would love if you'd check out my blog and consider following back!
    xxx
    www.rosie-glow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds awesome! I love the Photobooth pictures: bare hilare!
    And the scalloped Peter Pan neckline is heavenly by the way,

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a shame you missed the train but at least you got there in the end. Looks like you had fun and I love the silly photos!! Love the outfit too, I tried that Topshop dress on but looked silly!!


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have the best face in the world. Looking gorgey as usual. Glad you had a goodun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha aww dude, I know for a FACT we would be pals IRL! I am hella good at pulling funny faces too, your photobooth pics are so cute and the last one cracks me up. you are my favourite idiot nonetheless ;) glad you had a good time at the event, despite being a bit flustered on the way there :( so annoying when that happens, its like they could easily help you out but instead choose to be a dick and inforce whatever little bit of authority they have! grrr. looking shweeeet as always btw! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate train people! (Although I made it into London for free today by accident, so maybe I shouldn't complain too much...)

    However embarrassing things get, remember that they can always be made worse by 'that's what she said'.

    K xx


    http://duenotice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha the cake/Malibu incident sounds like exactly the sort of thing I'd do! Doh!

    Love the photo booth pics - especially the ones with you and Fritha - it's nice seeing two of my absolute favourite bloggers together! Also, excellent face pulling, that last pic is hilarious!

    Why are all the train people such w*****s?! I always have issues with them, grrr! I think your swearing was very much justified. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh daym that's unlucky. train journeys are always a nightmare but those people never help aha.
    you mad skills when it comes to the face pulling as well!
    your outfit was lovely, very retro-ish :)

    http://afluorescentadolescent.blogspot.com/ x

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look lovely as per, Gem! And good on you for telling the smug old man! People like that really get on my nerves!
    Claire
    xox
    sittingprettyatmydesk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahh looks like you had fun! I love places with free photobooths, the club we went to for halloween last year had one and the pics taken were shown on screens around the venue, great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. DOWN with smug rule-sticklers who make people miss trains!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm glad you got there in the end it sounds like you had a fab time and those photos are so funny. Blogger speed dating is a genius idea :) x

    Kittenish Behaviour Blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. awww looks like fun times! xx

    http://say-bleurgh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. awww :( I would love to be invited to an event, I live in London and never go any where ...anyway nah of my moan. Gem I LOVE that dress, it's so cute and I love that pick with just Winnie's eyes at the bottom haha. Oh shame you did not have much time and also about that prat at the station (what a twat) anyway yes I hope someone does something, I would but have a 1 yr old to look after. Than at some point I hope to meet you all would be a dream for me, as I have not met anyone which is crazy when I talk to most people daily haha.....Yes I'm ubber lame :P

    ReplyDelete
  22. grrr so annoying the man made you late. The event sounds fun though and the dress you are wearing is gorge, particularly the scalloped collar.

    ReplyDelete
  23. A few morning giggles when I read the Malibu incident!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like it was a good night! & I can sympathise with smug ticket officers.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I had a similar experience on the train a couple of months ago...I was running down the stairs to the platform, the platform man saw me and signalled for the train to so the doors literally shut in my face. Still makes me mad thinking about it!
    Sounds like you had a really fun night though - I love the photobooth pics and that Topshop dress. x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Boo to the ticket man, they are complete jobworths, very annoying at times.

    You paint such a lovely picture of yourself at events, haha!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sounds like a fun night Gem - I had to laugh at your cupcake/malibu incident, it's totally something I would do. Especially if I'm nervous - my clumsiness tends to increase by at least 200%! Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your dress is gorgeous Gem!

    I keep looking at it in Toppers and wanting it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. That dress is fab on you, it looks like a great night.
    I'm in twitter now, Sebsmummy, follow me! x

    ReplyDelete
  30. I so wish I could meet some bloggers, sounds like a blast! Love your dress x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your dress was so pretty! I didn't get a chance to see how gorgeous it was on the night!
    I loved mingling with all the bloggers. It's so much fun!! Wish we could have chatted longer.

    ReplyDelete
  32. would be great to meet other bloggers

    you look different in the photo booth pictures...but just as lovely as always :)

    you tell that jobsworth prick girl! hahaxxx


    stilettosandcigarettes

    ReplyDelete
  33. Blogger speed dating - awesome! x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sounds like a good time, and I'm just as clumsy! Love your dress too x

    ReplyDelete
  35. i LOVE that new topshop dress your wearing, adorable.
    And the girl with the red hair in the booth photos needs to tell me what colour she uses. lush. x

    ReplyDelete
  36. that new dress is gorgeous! scallop collar, swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Aww, I wish I had known you were there. I would have come to say hi! I love your blog.
    C x

    ReplyDelete
  38. really love the style of your hair, and the dress is gorgeous!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥