7.2.11

Life in the slow lane


Bon soir!

It's been a quiet old weekend on the blog, although I'm sure you were out having too much fun to notice my lack of blog postage!

I wish I could tell you I had some sort of mind blowing weekend to justify the laziness, but it's quite the opposite. My weekend was so uneventful it was almost comedic! Let me put it into perspective. 'Highlights' of the weekend included counting up my two pots of pennies, dishing out home remedies for cat cystitis to a Twitter follower, making Watercress Soup (Yummy, but I think I put a bit too much pepper in it), overdoing the Wii Fit, re-organising my wardrobe and giving 3 bin bags of clothes to a charity shop. I do love weekends like that though. It's nice to just potter about doing jobs here and there! Alex & I also watched Due Date which had some funny moments!

My pennies amounted to £22 which was pretty wild! I decided to use some pennies to buy a few lines on the Lotto. I figured I'd have the power of irony on my side, so might've won some money. I'd planned out the headlines and everything... 'Kentish pauper turns pennies into millions!' Alas, we only got one number. I tore the ticket in half in a fit of rage. I just want to be slightly rich! Is this too much to ask?!

Anywho, I'm not a total hermit, I did go out for drinks with my Topshop posse on Thursday night which was fantastic. I didn't get any decent pictures because I'd drunk too many Pig Fuckers (the unfortunately named bargain cocktail of choice!) so was too busy rabbiting on about nothing to take pics. Well actually, I only had about 3 all night, but they are so fruity and lovely, you just don't realise how much booze is in them! And it doesn't help that I'm a massive lightweight!

Here are some pics from these recent hijinx:






These are the nails I've been rocking lately. I used my gorgeous Top Turquoise Models Own nail polish (in my top 5 polishes of all time), and my white Models Own/Wah Nails pen.



And here's what I wore to uni today:



(Tee - Wallpaper Rose, Skirt - H&M, Socks - Topshop, Boots - Chazza shop, Clocklace - Urban Outfitters)

It was a verrry long day of watching everyone's presentation's of their Final Major Project concepts. My head is killing me after staring at the screen all day. And my bod is on fire from the Wii Fit session too. I always forget to cool down until it's too late! You know it's definitely too late when you can't pull your tights up because of the pain. All in all I'm in the wars today, so shall be spending the rest of the night curled up in a moaning ball watching TV with Alex!

I have a hefty to-blog list for the next week. But also a jam-packed schedule of nights out (well, one!) and going home to see the family. But I will do my best because I have a new Naughty Step perpetrator to share with you all, and hopefully the return of a weekly feature of mine...

Back tomorrow!

42 comments:

  1. I love that shirt! Can't believe you got £22 form pennies thats awesome!! Hope you have a good week lush xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. £22 from pennies is pretty amazing, wow! Loving the outfit, that top is super cute :).

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yey I love these catch up posts, glad we have you back from studying :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always save my pennies and then each year before I go on holiday I count them all up, I usually have about thirty pounds worth :)
    I love that turquoise nail varnish too, it's a really unique colour!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous nail art as usual!
    And cat cystitis?! Really?! *urge* haha x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't had a relaxing weekend in ages and I definitely could do with one! Love your outfit, the top is cute and your nails are looking fab! How was the soup, it looks very green?!


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awh sounds like a nice weekend all the same though Gem :) I have my FMP Presentation next week, thank GOD theres only 4 of us in a tutorial slot. I am excited to hear what yours is!
    Cute outfit today!

    R x

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a pretty lush relaxing weekend to me. and to come out of it with £22 isnt too bad atall.

    totally forgot i own that h&m skirt, definitely dragging that out from the depths of my wardrobe this week!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got a little box of pennies to cash in sometime soon, but I doubt I'll have anywhere near as much as £22!
    Pig Fuckers sound amazing haha I'm sure people give cocktails weird names just so that it's funny/embarrassing when you order them!
    You look super lovely, I love your white socks! Such a cute touch.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love quiet weekends like that. Actually... pretty much all my weekends are quiet... I'm a total Nana. Hah!

    I love your nails and that outfit - I'm still obsessed with that shirt! You look wonderful!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really cute top! Did you see episode 4 of Snog Marry Avoid? They gave one girl a look a bit like yours, so she could be taken seriously as a law student.

    K xx


    http://duenotice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaw you look lovely here - I love that tee, its so cute!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha I always get annoyed when I don't win the lottery too! Love your nails! Think these have convinced me to treat myself to a models own nail pen I think.

    ReplyDelete
  14. awww you look like a timid lil school kid....bless

    love the nail art...x

    http://say-bleurgh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amah-zing nails. Wish l could do that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow I love your tee with the pretty lace collar detail and of course your nails, they're amazing. I need to get hold of some of those nail pens for myself too....

    ReplyDelete
  17. hehe, I giggled at the lotto thing. Ah well, keep saving those pennies! Maybe some day!

    I have the top turquoise on with 24 carat gold now, love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oof, I'm in the FMP process! Pitches next week :/
    Love your Wallpaper Rose tee, and those nails are sickkkkk!

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. love love loveeee your little clocklace! :) xoxo avs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi i really love your blog and all.

    but i have an question: i'm going to london in april and may do you have any shopping tips or places i really need to go thank you
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the nails! Getting £22 from pennies is amazing. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. You're right, £22 from pennies is wild! Pig fucker is a fabulous name for a cocktail!

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the glittery nails! hope you do better on the lottery next time ;)
    XXX


    stilettosandcigarettes

    ReplyDelete
  24. that shirt looks gorgeous. also -sweet nails. still continuing my search to find a bloody nail art pen that doesn't break. x

    ReplyDelete
  25. 'Pig Fuckers'...hahaa, sounds charming ;) £22? Corr, this has spurred me on to check my own jar and count out the pennies. I doubt it'll be that much! Your nails look stunning. I looooooooooove them and I'm completely envious as per usual. Have a lovely week dear.

    ReplyDelete
  26. love the nails, and i'm super curious to know what exactly is in a pig fucker?

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVE your nails

    and also, you've reminded me I need to count up my pennies!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm glad you had a lazy weekend! thanks for the cat help. x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Busy busy! Gem you are quite rightly the queen of nails - these are immense, as per. Don't overdue the exercise, little and often eh?! jazzy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  30. I wish I had the patience to create such nail art, I have the Models Own nail art pen in black but I'm really disappointed in it! :(

    ReplyDelete
  31. your nails look gorgeous! gem fatale = nail queen x

    ReplyDelete
  32. That outfit is so cute!
    You've made me really want to get a Models Own nail pen, your nails always look really good.
    Hayley
    http://strangeness-charm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ooh excellent nails this week, love the colours. I bought a lucky dip this week for the first time in years, turns out I got all low numbers and every number out was above 30, aah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your nails are amazing!! love love love them!!
    I had a similar weekend to you, sometimes you just need to slow down for a bit!
    xx

    http://emerald-doodles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. Nails = Amazing, I've been looking around for blue/green shades, that one would be perfect!

    coco-number18.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. those nails are so cute :) lovelovelove them!

    www.kirsty-storyofasoul.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥