17.12.10

Freedom



I finally handed in my Uni project yesterday, after 0 hours of sleep. It feels like yesterday was a bit of a dream, as I was half asleep through most of it! I may have learnt my lesson about not leaving stuff until the last minute... My dissertation (due on Jan 28th) will reveal whether this is true!

As I have worn nothing but pyjamas, been practically nowhere but my sofa, and read nothing but my own project, you'll have to give me a couple of days to get blog content back up to speed! For now, I will share a couple of snaps of brief times in the last week when I wasn't wanting to slam my head in the laptop.

We went to Asda to do our monthly food shop. After seeing the zillion calories fill the conveyor belt, I underlined 'improve diet' on my list of New Year's Resolutions a few times... Btw, most of the pizzas are Alex's! He doesn't have to worry about his figure as he has been a size 10 in skinny jeans as long as I've known him. Bastard.



On Saturday night, Alex cooked me a gorgeous dinner of Asda Extra Special salmon wrapped in pancetta with chorizo potato cakes which we got for £3 reduced!



Seeing as it was X Factor final night, I shelved the uni work and used the time off to paint my nails. I used Eyeko Indigo polish (Sold out! Nooo!) which I bought a little while ago. Isn't it gorgeous? Found it very resilient against my turbo typing as well. Might do a full review on it if it comes back in stock. Remember you get a free gift if you enter my code (E11298) at checkout when you spend over £15 on Eyeko goodies.



I went to a Post Office I don't usually go to as I wanted to avoid the queues in town, and walked past this adorable house. Consider heart shutters officially added to my dream house requirements!



This is about as exciting as my outfits have been getting. Whenever I have a deadline, all interest in style goes out of the window. Hence the coffee stained hoody.



And here's my little princess, Roxy, who made my stressful laptop times a little easier by being by my side! I love her so much :) Please note, we did not pick the sofa ourselves. We noticed on the day we moved into this flat that the Latin-covered sofa had some rather questionable english words on it! I'm saying no more on the matter! Back to my innocent and beautiful Roxy:



SO. I am going to crack on with the housework that I've been neglecting now. Then I might nip to Paperchase and get some christmas cards. Glad my rock 'n' roll lifestyle is back on track! :D

Hope you've all been okay? Any other students enjoying their freedom after deadlines? Anyone else celebrating with tackling an epic pile of washing up? Anyone..?

xx

41 comments:

  1. Aw so glad that you've finished, I remember finishing my dissertation and I was in a daze for a few days! Your cat is unbelievably cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was free'd on tuesday.. about 5 days late because of the snow :( However, I've still not managed to tackle the housework!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a washing mountain to tackle.

    That's going to be fun. Can't I just play computer games and take pictures?

    Well done on handing in your project! Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty much my week, including today, cleaned the house now going to buy wrapping paper! Good luck with the diss hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on finishing your project, and not slamming head in laptop. :)

    Rox is a beaut, cats have the right idea, stay in, stay warm and give out moody glares if someone moves you.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeahhhh freeedom. I don't miss student life. I love indigo, so glad I got it a while back, it lasts forevs!! Glad you're back blogging, hope you have a wonderful Christmas Gem! Yep, think I'm adding heart shutters to my dream house too, and I ALWAYS have washing up woe is me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know somewhere on your blog you talk about what uni course you're doing, is there anyway to could tell the name of it again?? It's sounds really interesting :)

    Glad you got your work handed in. All nighters are unnatural... bleh


    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can completely sympathise with you!!
    I managed to get my Uni work in and leave a week early but before I left, I had to tidy n clean our whole student house, so to come home home to our nice clean, tidy, WARM house, was like heaven! I felt the freedom thing too!

    Sadly, i've not even been back a week and am already attacking my huge pile of work which has to be done over Christmas : (! Oh well, final year eh! : )

    Hope you get to have a nice break over Christmas tho Gem! After no sleep n all nighters you deserve some rest!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Roxy looks like she could be related to Flash! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you've made it through the workload! My deadline was last Friday for a bunch of work; such a good day! Although like you, I still have the looming dissertation deadline...gah.
    You still manage to look lovely, even if you lost your style mindset for a while :)

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg, we have the same sofa in my house (also not by choice), questionable words aside it's great to lounge on! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. aw great pics and well done on finishing, you are free for xmas :)

    your cat is so cute too

    BM

    thebohemiangoods.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha I have that sofa in my back room and I can agree with the rude words you fine haha It was hilarious when I noticed them when I was about 10 years old! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you got all our work sorted. I seriously don't envy you, I finished uni in July and would never ever want that amount of work again! The romantic meal looks so cute :)

    L x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a very similar shade of nail polish, but it's made by OPI. You guys must have a huge freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yey Freedom!
    Today was my last day!
    Happily I have an awesome boyfriend who finished Uni on Wednesday and has been doing all the housework for me! As I handed in work yesterday and still have 2 essays to write over the Christmas hols which sucks!
    I bought that nail vanish aaages ago and still haven't put it on it looks so pretty I may have to do it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on finishing it! Enjoy yr freedom ;-)
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice to have you back! That meal Alex made for you sounds lovely, and those shutters are just the cutest x

    ReplyDelete
  19. congrats on the new found freedom! i always pass that house on the way to the post office, its just the cutest! i only live 2 minutes away from it so am always admiring it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Do you rent your flat? I rent mine and have to keep my cat a secret!

    ReplyDelete
  21. that food looks mint!
    and meh - it's alright to eat bad things around christmas. in fact, it's a must!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Girl that food looks awful! Haha! But, the nails are good, the cat is cute and the shutters are adorable. Plus Alex's food sounds good :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aw Roxy is just adorable - I love how she's even posing for the camera - brilliant! And well done on handing in your assignments I always feel so relieved afterwards, then promptly sleep for the rest of the day and then go out and celebrate big style ha x

    ReplyDelete
  24. You're a brave bird Gem, I'd have had serious shakes after that much caffeine! Glad you're finally free though, I finished uni a couple of years back but still have nightmares that I have an assignment overdue - it's not a nice feeling!

    Penny x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yaaay you did it! Can't believe your diss date is so early! Mine's a bit later but we've got a load to do over the hols, and another project which'll be fun.
    I'm yet to start. OOPS.
    I say pizzas and coffee stained hoodies all the way.
    Now just to find a cute cat

    Danni
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ahh! Freedom!! Well done :) I've missed your posts Gem - I'm so glad you're back!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  27. thank god your essay's done! i hate having to pull all-nighters for reasons that don't involve friends and general fun :( and i want heart shutters too!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA cum sofa ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats in handing your project in. What a lovely work companion you have, she's gorgeous x

    Kittenish Behaviour Blog

    ReplyDelete
  30. well done for getting it all in. i've been doing uni work since i broke put and im not going to get much of a xmas, we have to do our portfolio with the last 4 projects in. hard times

    ReplyDelete
  31. Glad you're all done and can enjoy freedom now! Congratz on handing it all in, you trooper :)

    As for the Latin-covered sofa... when we moved in to our house about 3 months ago I noticed my room's decorated with quite hideous Latin-covered beige-yellow curtains! At least they're an inoffensive colour I suppose...

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations on getting your work done! What was someone thinking when they designed that sofa?!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congrats on getting it finished Gem! Now get those pj's back on and catch up on some well deserved sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ooh, well done on getting it all complete (: Corr blimey, your food shop looks gorgeous! Stuff dieting! Ooh, that meal sounds bloody lovely. I wish my boy would cook for me!! That indigo colour is beautiful by the way. You have such a nice nail shape too. Sounds odd but mine are square and pathetic. Roxy looks gorgey and curse word sofas? Classy ;) Have a lovely first weekend of freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I finished all my Uni essays and celebrated by....throwing myself headfirst into all the housework I'd neglected. Uh. The glamour of being a student.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your boyfriend sounds like an absolute star !

    You need to relax over xmas pet !

    ReplyDelete
  37. the freedom is amazing, but i got struck down with a cold :( your kitty is so cute ^^ xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great nail colour! X
    http://www.girlalamode.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  39. Final exam was thursday afternoon, final hand was done simultaneously. Celebration- 4.5 hours on a train on Thursday night followed by a welcome back to the office pile of candidates to reference and clients to chase for contracts on Fri morning. Hurrah.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Well done! Now take a well deserved break! x

    ReplyDelete
  41. I also now want a house with heart shutters :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥