18.6.10

One step forward, two steps back


Don't you hate when you go into a shop to do a refund and come out with new purchases? I had a small case of this today, but the dress was such a bargain, I just couldn't say 'non merci'. It's from H&M and only cost £7.99! It looks a bit shapeless here, but it comes with its own ribbon belt and is really rather lovely.



H&M seem to be doing lots of these dirt cheap promotions at the moment. I tried on some £7.99 faded skinny jeans the other day but apparently I needed a size 11 in them. Boo. And one of my favourite bloggers, LLYMLRS also picked up a lovely leopard print playsuit a little while ago for the same price. I have noticed that a lot of the clothes that aren't in these promotions have gone up in price a tad (eg. Blouses that look £9.99 are now £12.99), which my boyfriend wisely pointed out is how they make their money back on selling dresses like mine. Makes sense I guess! Have you found any good H&M bargains?

Here's what I wore into town today. I wore my faux leather jacket too, as I am a bit nervous about all this belly flashing that's around at the moment. It just offends me a bit, seeing other people's belly buttons... It feels a bit personal! I wonder what's next... A casual flash of the Areola?! I shouldn't joke about that actually. A girl that worked at Topshop once came in wearing a lace body and no bra! Luckily I didn't see it. It would have been a one way ticket to Awkwardsville.


(Tee - Hobbs via charity shop, Jeans - Topshop, Belt - H&M kids, Flats - Topshop, Necklace - UO, Cling Film - Tesco!)

Thanks so much for all of your entries to my competition. It's been great to see so many of you getting involved and blogging and tweeting about it! I'm also super-pleased that some of you think it's the best giveaway you've ever seen! Smiles all round, basically! Can't wait to find out the winners... Not looking forward to the actual process of selecting a winner (pasting everyone's entries in a random line generator 7 times over!)... Oh well, I guess this is what they call a labour of love!

Hope you've had a sublime day ♥

25 comments:

  1. H&M is perfact for cheap summer tops at the moment! loving it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome outfit! love your style :)

    could you possibly check my blog out? ive just started and I would love it if you could take a peak..

    thank you!
    holly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Holly, just tried to click on your profile, but you don't exist, apparently! Gimme a link and I can take a peek :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous dress, lovely for the summer! I picked up a skirt in H&M for a bargainous £2.99, and it wasn't even in the sale, just in the Divided section!
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo we saw those great dresses in H&M the other day whilst my bf bought me a bargain £2.99 lime jersey skirt. They do have some amazing things in their right now and those dresses are the nicest fabric! They remind me of a primary school teacher i had, who was so 90's rock and roll wearing floral dresses and tartan tights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I swear, H&M's sizing standards are the worst! Good thing they make up for it with great deals! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Have That H&m Dress In The Mustard Version..Gorgeous & Soo Cheap!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got the same playsuit as LLYMLRS but in cream with red and black strips. I was so surprised when i saw the price tag! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought a pair of cream fringed ankle boots in H&M yesterday for £10! Bargain indeed. I'll post a pic once my internet is unfrazzled! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that's so pretty. I picked up a lovely slouchy jersey dress in there a couple of weeks ago for £4.99. Annoyingly it's far too big and they don't seem to stock the smaller sizes in the Liverpool store so I'm hoicking it up and belting it in the hopes that it doesn't look too silly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your outfit, complete with clingfilm! H&M have some real bargains at the moment, but some stuff has really gone up in price, dresses that would of be £7.99 last year are now £12.99

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm loving polka dots at the moment, love the brogues too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tried the mustard version of that dress on the other day and i loved it! although id probably get more wear out of the one you have! I like that H&M do the same style in different colours/patterns! it really annoys me when i find a really nice shaped dress but its in the wrong colour! at least H&m give you some choice!


    H&M are really reasonably price in my opinion, although i do think some of their stuff is overpriced sometimes, especially the shirts/blouses!

    thanks for the linkylink too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've had a few bargains in H&M and I'd say it's probably my favourite shop at the moment. Have you seen the bodycon dresses at £7.99 each with cute sweetheart necklines and ruched sleeves? And their basic bodycon skirts for £2.99 can't be beaten. I live in them! I bought a gorgeous leather and suede (faux, obvs) panelled skirt there a few weeks ago for £12.99! Identical to one in topshop last year for £65! I was very happy :) your giveaway is amazing!

    Www.dazedyoungmess.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just wanted to say that I LOVE YOUR HAIR.
    And those outfits are very cute.
    H&M is sometimes good for bargains and I love the way they do the 'save the oceans' and 'fashion against AIDS'. Go charity! And H&M!

    LITTLE BOW

    x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look really wicked girlie I love that H&M dress :)
    Fab style xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definite labour of love but worth it!

    I love that hobbs tee, your belly button isn't offensive in the slightest haha.

    Also, I'm having a little blog sale at the minute :) -

    Nars, Mac, Bumble & Bumble etc!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the second outfit so much!
    H&M is so good for a bargain. Last time I was shopping there I bought lots of new summery clothes, expecting it to come to about £70 but it was only £45. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't envy your inevitable mission to the post office at some point! :) But no-body could say you don't give back to your readers :) I was very excited indeed about your giveaway.

    H&M is fantastic for bargs! I'd not noticed what your bf pointed out... fail. I got a pair of jeans (well they're jeggings strictly speaking, but I don't want to admit it) for £7!!! I promptly went back and bought two more pairs which sort of defies the point in them being so cheap haa. This dress is really cute!

    Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've noticed the promotions in H&M recently too, i got a fab stripey dress, ithink it was £2.99!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A lot of people seem to be loving H & M at the moment!

    I walked into one of their stores this week and 2 minutes later I had to just leave, it was an absolute mess, reminded me of Primark, you know, the whole messy cramped thing going on. If only it wasn't cramped! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that dress. Very cute and girly xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hahahahahaha, why have no other commenters picked up on your analysis of coworker tit-flashing?! That's hilarious, and you retell it brilliantly. (My friends at my old school thought I was odd for knowing the word areola).
    I discovered your blog today, and it's so refreshing to find a blogger with an incredible sense of style topped with humour and C U R V E S. I am so close to gushing here, your figure is incredible, and I love the way you dress around and flatter your body. I tend to cover up my incomprehensibly large breasts because I'm 16 it seems the neanderthals in my town really really like jailbait. But your outfits and posts are kick-arse inspiring, and have brightened my evening, thank you! <3
    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I♥your style! you look like Hanna Beth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥