6.5.10

Peachy keen


About to race off to work, but here's a picture of what I'm wearing and what my nails are wearing.


(Cardigan - £4 in Primark, Top - Primark, Jeans - Topshop, Socks - Dorothy Perkins, Wedges - Topshop, Necklace - Urban Outfitters)

Yes I'm about to brave my Clodges for an afternoon at work. I hope I can actually walk in them outside the confines of my flat! Will update...

My friend's at Model's Own sent over a couple of products from their new range which I will be gradually reviewing. Today, I'm wearing the Fuzzy Peach shade. Sorry for the sub-standard picture (my camera just would not play ball today!) but you can see the shade a bit better from the pic on the website.

I'm not sure if it was because it was late at night, but I had a bit of a nightmare applying it! It's quite a watery formula, which means things can become a mess rather quickly. It also means it takes quite a lot of strokes to get a smooth finish. This didn't really matter when I was doing my left hand, but my right hand took some re-doing to get it looking right. As I said, it may have been because I was sleepy, so my advice to you is apply this shade after a coffee, just in case!

Once the two coats were eventually on, I absolutely loved the shade. It's like coral's demure cousin! A really cute Peachy shade (funnily enough)! I love really block colours without shimmer or anything fancy, and I find Model's Own are perfect for that. Using my liquid eyeliner trick, I also added a little heart on the ol' wedding finger because I am a massively romantic geek.




Hope you have a lovely day!!

xx

[EDIT: I'm so pleased to reveal that the Clodges were surprisingly comfortable! They were kind of like wearing extended flats so they were fine really. The strap across the top didn't bother me at the time, but the next day that bit of my foot was aching. But all in all I bloody love them!!]

23 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous nail color! And those wedges are killer, you look amazing dear :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just reviewed this recently too, it's such a pretty colour!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that colour!
    I really must try that eyeliner trick, its fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking super as usual girlie! I've never tried models own, but that sure is a lovely colour. Im assuming youve tried some bits and bobs from the topshop makeup range? Since you work there :) need to let us know if you would reccomend anything from it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh peach is next on my to buy list for nails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i.need.clodges.
    next time we meet im bringing nail polish and you are doing me nails girly.
    xx fi
    http://saveourshoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i can never wear heels when i'm in work and on my feet all day so i don't how i would cope in clodges! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the heart on your manicure! And are those frilly socks I spy? I haven't worn a pair of those since I was in primary school, I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got that cardi in cobalt blue (which coincidentally, I was wearing today) & jade green - I love them, but I've really really wanted the navy one for AGES now - so thanks for rubbing it in that it's still not mine!

    Hope your clodges were a success :)

    J'adore the heart on your nail - great idea - may well have to steal it.. ahem..!

    www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The nail varnish is such a pretty shade. How comfy were the clodges in the end?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shoe/sock combo (and nail varnish too...fab shade!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love that cardi! and yay its friday xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello,
    i loved colours.
    i liked your blog.
    fallow me.
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  14. woah gorgeous! I always paint my nails but my skills are still stuck at GCSE chipped black nail goth girl, lol. The heart is an lovely touch x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore your outfit! so chic! and your hair is gorgeous!

    I love that nail color, its so peachy and summery looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the color! and the heart detail so cute.

    www.likeblackorchid.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous nail colour, a nice contrast the the navy of your outfit.
    cute as blog!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. that's a great colour. also your hair is amazing i wish i could pull that off!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How are you doing with the shoes? I love mine SO much, although I had a bit of an incident wearing them for an entire day in high high heat recently without socks and they bit my feet to near death! ouch
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just ADORE the heart you've painted over your nails, and the fact it's on your wedding finger just makes me go 'aaaaahhhhhh'!! So cute.

    Love the clodges with socks. Must give this a try! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's a really cool colour - I want something like it now!

    ReplyDelete
  22. ooh i might have to try the eyeliner trick! lovely shoes also :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super cute nails!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥