22.5.10

The mists are clearing...


Hello old friends!

Sorry for the neglect, I'm sure you can imagine I've been under heaps of stress trying to get this magazine done in time for hand in on Monday. Once it's over I'm going to be a literal bunny boiler of the blog-world. I'll be blogging at you so much you will report me as spam. So don't desert me just yet ♥

I went to get it printed before work today to save me the stress of trying to get it done last minute before hand in on Mon and risking it going wrong and having no time to rectify it. Alex took me to Staples before he was due to meet his mates for breakfast, thinking it would be a pretty in-out thing. Wrong. We got there and some douchebag was getting loads of stuff printed (okay, a bit mean, but he felt like the enemy at the time!) The chap that works there told me there's be an hour wait for the machine. Wtf?! I did not have an hour. Alex had plans and I had work! I just knew it would go wrong and I was an idiot to believe my hard work getting it finished for this morning would be rewarded by disaster-free printing. I didn't even reply to the man I just slowly turned around and put my head in my hands and burst into tears! AWKWARD! Alex was like 'do not start crying in the middle of Staples'. We went back to the car and I was a mess. Alex said he'd cancel his plans so we could get it printed today (♥), and I phoned work and told them I'd be late.

So yeah, got it printed in the end! I am an emotional wreck at the best of times let alone in times of intense pressure like I am right now. I redeemed myself to the poor guy that broke the 'one hour wait' news by being almost completely normal when I went back in! We killed time waiting to get it printed in Pets at Home, where I bought Roxy a lovely new scratching post.

Not much outfittage to report, but I used my 'shop outside the box' tuesday tip about h&m as one of my mag features, so here are some pictures from one of the pages. How good is the Run DMC vest? Only £4.99 in the boys section! And I've also added my picnic trend page. It took me a whole day to create it because I'm no good with Photoshop. Well, I am now, I guess! I am so pleased with the end result :) I'm going to make a few little changes to the mag to make it perfect for you guys, then I'll be uploading it on here for your eyes only!





OMG in other news, we have these idiotic neighbours across the road that play the bassiest crappy music at full blast with the windows open so we can hear it in our flat really loud (our windows are old). They were playing it at 2.30am this morning, so I looked out of the window to see if they were partying it up and what did I see? The girl that lives there, giving a man a lapdance. With the lights on and curtains open. Facing outwards. So I saw her boobs! It was disturbing! Alex shares a different stance on it, though (FML). It didn't stop me marching across the road in my pyjamas to tell her to shut the hell up! Ha. Noise annoys, peeps, don't forget that.

So yes, it's full steam ahead now to get the research book that accompanies the magazine finished (it's 50% of the grade!) by Monday and then I will be free to become a total blog slut.

Have you been having calmer times than me? I hope some of you have been able to enjoy the weather on my behalf!

x

24 comments:

  1. Aw, what a great boyfriend you have! I don't think I could have handled going back into a store that I had just had a meltdown in - go you!

    The magazine looks amazing! Here's hoping you get an A* (or whatever grade system they use) !xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the magazine, looks lovely! :)
    I too have been stuck inside - revising for final year exams rather than out enjoying the beautiful sunshine in brighton....although i must admit i took a rather long break today and did some clothes shopping, whoops! Hope all your work goes ok and you can have nice relaxy times soon :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex sounds like a complete sweetheart, bless him. I'm prone to tears when stressed as well so I totally sympathise with crying in Staples!

    The magazine is looking amazing though - I am seriously impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited to see the finished product! Apparently my fellow blogger Maria may feature at some point? Looking forward to it - these few pages look fab :D

    Danni
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly what you are going through with the uni work thing, nightmare! Bet that guy in Staples was horrified he made you cry lol!
    Also, OMG at the lap dance! Some people have no shame!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Gem, I feel your pain luvvie... hang in there, and it will all be over on Monday! As for whether we have been having calmer times.. well, don't know about other readers but my life has been completely CRAP recently. Broke up with my boyfriend of almost 3 years, needed to find a new room to rent, still need to move out my stuff when I get back in London in a week as it's all in the flat we shared, I had loads of uni work to do which thankfully is finished now, then there's some other problems on top of it which I can't (and don't want to for the sake of everyone who might be reading it;)) write about...

    So yes, I am waiting for you to start blogging again so I have something to read and take my mind of things! Get back, girl! ;)
    Sincerely, Ola ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and I've just remembered when I bought my laptop it took ages to sort out which shop had it in stock and I ended up driving to a random Comet miles away expecting to pick one up. The manager didn't have a clue what I was on about even though I was told at my local store it was all arranged, I was so frustrated I just burst into tears, my boyf was v. embarrassed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your deadline! hahaaa, I'm so glad you went and gave your neighbour what for! That is positively disturbing and I sympathise. She needs to use her curtains. Like, seriously xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have Staples in England? I didn't even know they were international. xP

    Anyway, I don't know if "calm" would be the right word, but I did find a new roomie for my apartment this week--moves in on the 15th--so there's that.

    Also: I love what you posted of your project so far, but what are Twiglets and Vimtos?

    Finally: Alex is a pretty cool guy for forgoing his plans to help you out--though I would have the same take as he on your lap-dancing neighbour--and way to put the smackdown on said neighbour in your pyjamas. Yeah!

    Anyway, bon chance avec votre magasine, mademoiselle ! Bon le week-end, aussi !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this looks really well done, the joys of Photoshop! Can't wait to see the rest, and sorry to hear about your meltdown. I once had one trying to get a Mac fixed and they were telling me it wasn't under warranty when it was! So annoying! Also sorry about your neighbours!

    Kb from I Want You To Know
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The magazine is looking amazing!! Can't wait until you unveil it all :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. what uni are you at ? your couse looks amazing ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no D: Glad to hear everything is safely printed now at least, your magazine is looking so good! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. The mag looks great! Love all your outfits too, so pretty!

    I was exactly the same when I was handing in my dissertation. An emotional wreck, always on edge! I hope you'll be out celebrating when it's all handed in! :)

    The lap dance story is unbelievable - some people! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. absolutely loved this, cant wait for you to become a blogging slut!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. They have totally done that to me before in staples. I was not impressed! I went to Pets At Home too, the get stuff for my goldfish at the time!

    And as far as photoshop goes, practice makes perfect! I'm totally self taught for example...

    ReplyDelete
  17. They have totally done that to me before in staples. I was not impressed! I went to Pets At Home too, the get stuff for my goldfish at the time!

    And as far as photoshop goes, practice makes perfect! I'm totally self taught for example...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aaww *virtualhugz* It looks awesome Gem! Love all the outfits and you look great, love the playsuit! ^^

    Eew at lapdancing neighbours, eek :o/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh gosh crying in staples sounds like something I would do! I cried in lime St train station the other day because of stress and tiredness haha. I love the picnic feature, I really want to go on a picnic soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The magazine looks fab, you are a photoshop pro in comparison to my non-existant skills!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The magazine looks fantastic - well done! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  22. woo to blog sluttiness! although not neighbour exposure though, woah curtains shut please! as if that playsuit was £3, keep meaning to hit kids h&m but always forget, on my to do list pronto!xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥