13.5.10

I can haz my life back?


Hello all! I hope you're in the mood for words because apparently I've got lots to talk about!

Thanks for all your lovely comments about my Tuesday tip, I've replied to lots of them in the comment thread! Do send a pic if you do try it out (have already had a couple of fab pictures from readers!) and I will do a big post of all of your efforts like I did with the leopard print nails!

So, sorry I've been a bit quiet on here lately, my workloads have been racing towards deadline so I've been ridiculously busy. I just finished my film project today and thought I'd show you the 'other woman' thats been distracting me from my wife (this blog). Ridiculous analogy. I'm tired!

So before you view, I'll tell you what it's about. The brief was to create a promotional fashion film. My designer was House of Holland, and I decided to base my promotional film/viral on the app they released with BlackBerry. Basically, last fashion week, they launched an app where BlackBerry users could buy the eight-piece t-shirt collection (which all had acronyms on like CTFO & FFS etc...) from the show via their mobiles the second they hit the catwalk! 6 months early! A nifty idea! So I decided to base my video on the NALGO t-shirt (not a lot going on), as part of a hypothetical series of vids made by HOH/BlackBerry to promote the App (and thus clothes, obvz).

I hated almost every second of this project (due to uni effing me over and giving me 3 weeks to complete this 10 week unit!) so I didn't take it seriously whatsoever. I hired no models and shot it in my living room in my pyjamas and a shoddily DIY-ed ripoff HOH t-shirt. It wasn't all shortcuts though. My biscuit idea (you'll see) was actually a lot harder than I envisioned! Turns out they don't make bourbons perfectly flat so I actually had to FILE DOWN 80% of the biscuits in this film so they'd stand up. I never thought I'd be filing biscuits in the name of fashion film! Ridic. Also, I kept knocking one biscuit when I'd almost finished and so they'd all fall down and I'd have to start over. I almost cried!

Anyway. The here's the film. If you go to my Youtube, there's also one of the million outtakes of the bourbons not falling down/Roxy invading the scene!



Still not free just yet, I have my magazine to create from scratch before 24th May. It's all going well and I can't WAIT to show you the fruits of my labour for this project. Super exciting.

Here's my outfit from yesterday, btw. I ran out of liquid eyeliner so I look a bit facially fugly but in other news, my dress sense is picking up a bit. I'm wearing a Hobbs cropped tee I found in a charity shop! I love it :)



(Alex took the pics, hence the pic of me mid-sentence! Thank god I'm not with him for his photography skills..!)

Soz for the essay. Will post a nice quiet blog tomorrow :)

23 comments:

  1. I LOVE that video! So good! And the way two biscuits fell on your plate like you had at the beginning! Genius!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Love your video - the biscuit idea is genius!

    AND! you are not facially fugly! Don't put yourself down!
    Good luck on your other assignment x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloody brilliant! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That video is amazing! I can't believe you had to file down biscuits haha!
    I love that outfit too, so simple but so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genius video - for some reason I particularly like the hula hooping! And the thought of you filing down your biscuits is rather hilarious. Glad it all worked in the end though!

    Looking forward to seeing your magazine next :)

    www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so going to have a go at this

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone else in the room needs to go away right now - I want to watch the video!

    Love the cropped tshirt, and there's nothing fugly about you at all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your film, and all the work you put in it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the film!!! u got some skills (Both film and biscuit domino skills)
    good lick with yr magazine project! at least u don't have to write a PR crisis management report on mad cows disease.. yawn! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fingers crossed for all your projects hun. I am just at the finishing line with my take-homes and cannot WAIT to have it done and over with! Now, a few points to make:
    - you are in no way fugly ;) quite the opposite!
    - this video is great, can't believe you did it in such a short time. Heavens know how hard it is to create and edit something so seemingly short and easy! Well done :)
    - where's the jacket from? I've been dying to get this kind of leather jacket for yonks but can't find anything suitable :/ goddamn being short and broad shouldered...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, that was pure genius :)
    I can't believe you made that in such a short space of time!
    But my god I crave bourbons now...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are awesome,
    good luck getting finished up...cant wait to see the end result

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where is your horse necklace from? It's adorable! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for the lovely comments guys! Means a lot to me! ♥ x 1 million!

    Ola - Thanks for such sweet comments :) The jacket is Topshop, not in stick anymore though. xx

    Not So Fickle - It's Urban Outfitters, but they do similar ones in all those kind of indie jewellery sellers. Google Horse clock pendant or something and I'm sure you'll find one :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, aww well done dude! This video was pretty epic, high five to you. Made me smile :) I giggled when I read youd filed down the biscuits. I do alot of art dept work for film and tv and sometimes Im landed with the most random jobs like that which no one will ever appreciate. So I totally understand how you must have felt about the biscuits! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. AMAZING VIDEO! simply genius idea, brava! And love the Hobbs and the socks.

    Much Love
    Stephanie

    www.londonscatwalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great video and the bourbon biscuit thing is great, I am so going to try that! Love the outfit too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Now that your outta my life I'm so much better!!!!!!" Well done on finishing uni etc xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. ohohhh ok this is stand alone majorly cool! you can tell by how damn perfect each shot is that you took a lot of time over it and the details are great, i'm sure if it involved models or fancy sets it would be totally different and not half as great, even the silence and the way you can tell it's night time and just everything makes it really believable and like a little look into a really cool girl's life, loved it! really impressed and i hope you get a great mark because if i was henry h this would be the kind of girl i'd love to rep the brand. does it help that you are a damn hottie? hell yeah! also loving the cat cameo. p.s. slowest reader ever, it's true! catching up soon enough, i refuse to ignore!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE ITTTT! Amazing video, must've taken you ages to get it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have NO idea how I've only just seen this, but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Video actually made me laugh so hard! Nice one x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have NO idea how I've only just seen this, but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Video actually made me laugh so hard! Nice one x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥