7.3.10

Slouchy Sunday



So... I pretty much lost all self respect on the snack front last night. I had my friend Jen over and we had a little sleepover, which was great fun. Unfortunately it was a double-edged sword, as I did manage to demolish a HUGE bag of Doritos, some Rhubarb crumble, Mini Eggs (my biggest weakness!), AND a Cheese toastie! We were drinking 'Cheeky Vimto' too (a mix of Port & WKD - but we ad-libbed and used fizzy Vimto and Port instead!). I think my calories must've exceeded 3000 yesterday. Shameful!

I am trying to lose a bit of weight at the moment (not a silly amount or anything but I've been carrying an extra stone or so, ever since I moved in with Alex a couple of years ago! Too many snack-filled nights in front of the TV..!) I'm going to start over tomorrow and get back on the straight and narrow. I took some positive steps last week... I bought a hula hoop and a sports bra! I'm very good at preparing to get fit, not so good at actually doing it! :)

Anywho, enough about my lardy lifestyle! Here's what I wore to disguise my post-binge bloating today! This nice baggy batwing top from h&m was just the ticket!






( Shoes - Lillywhites via charity shop, Jeans - Topshop, 'Clocket' - Urban Outfitters, Scarf - vintage )

As I mentioned in my last post, Alex has been away this weekend. I'm not a naturally tidy person (understatement alert) and I do kind of rely on him to keep me in check when it comes to keeping the flat tidy. But without him here, this little situation has arisen in the bedroom! Not to mention more clothes all over the bed! So when I post this, I am going to have to force the domestic goddess out of myself and sort it out! Eurgh... As soon as I'm earning enough money, I'm hiring a cleaner!



Have you had a nice weekend?!

xxx

18 comments:

  1. what a mess, wicked shoes though. a nice suede number.

    weekends been good, me and a friend went to the zoo in my town which was brilliant. il put the pics up soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the desert booties, tres chic! I wanna be your hair twin, I need to get mine like yours...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, completely understand the whole over-indulging on the snacks thing, especially with Doritos - those things are addictive!
    Cute outfit, love the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never deny yourself Mini Eggs, they are just too delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aahh I hear ya on the food front... Though I don't eat that much junk I always overeat when it comes to dinner even though in my head I'm shouting "stop fatty!" Hurg. I also bought a hulahoop only to discover I bought one too small and light so it's impossible to use...? Weird, I didn't realise hulahooping was that complicated! The mess in my bedroom right now is much worse than that! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i keep finding piles of clothes like that all over my bedroom of late...i think dissertation work is cluding my tidiness judgement
    margief
    x
    www.margieheartsclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great as you are, but I can appreciate how unhelpful a comment that is because it doesn't change how you feel. I own that, and many more, clockets x

    www.ameliais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha, you should see my bed - it's always covered in clothes, books, my laptop. You name it, it's probably sitting on my bed ;) Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. rhubarb crumble, drool.

    I think you look fantastic. I am so in love with your necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. aha, oh JUST discovered i'm too late to enter your giveaway, typical! but good luck, i hope you find someone who manages it, £250 is a lot of money!
    i love your hair scarf/ribbon, very nice!

    http://fanfareforlibrarians.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. aha, oh JUST discovered i'm too late to enter your giveaway, typical! but good luck, i hope you find someone who manages it, £250 is a lot of money!
    i love your hair scarf/ribbon, very nice!

    http://fanfareforlibrarians.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the bow

    I completely sympathise on the domestic front. I never clean the house on the basis that life is too short and I always have something much better to do. My husband likes the house clean, so for the sake of our marriage we have to have a cleaner.

    Cleaners are great. You might have to tidy first so they can get into clean though :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good afternoon

    We do not agree with this year BRITs 2010 decision.

    Please attend our little web survey

    http://micropoll.com/t/KDqOnZBCWt

    Lady Gaga can not be better than heavy metal

    Poll supported by BRIT awards 2010 sponsor femmestyle
    [url=http://www.femmestyle.ch/nosecorrection.html]nasenkorrektur[/url]

    Pet Shop Boys surprise lucky BRITs fan with a MasterCard Priceless Gig in their living room

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love your style/shape/look :)
    you have a real energy to what you put together and your not afraid of how big a hair bow is :)
    i wish i had the pizazz to go for the plunge and get a pixie cut that i've always wanted (your hair is beautiful)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the necklace, and your jhair with the bow love how looks, i always love your short hair, looks great on you!

    www.likeblackorchid.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so hear you on the food, I've been such a munch monster today. Four cupcakes! Love that bow

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for your comments, all! You have no idea what a comfort it is to me to know that I am not alone in my gluttonous ways!

    hello birdy -Yeah mine is ridiculously light, but my friend told me to put some sand inside it to weigh it down apparently! Weird!

    Style Eyes - Hmm, maybe I'll hire a tidier AND a cleaner. Haha!

    Fashionista in Training - Thanks for such a lovely comment, sweetheart! Your hair is lovely, we should switch! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥