24.2.10

Creature comforts



I'm feeling more 'woohoo!' than 'boohoo' to see that Boohoo have featured a picture of me (and my Dusky Ledoux necklace!) in their street style trend report from LFW! It's actually a really good street style report, organised into specific SS/10 trends with lots of wearable outfit inspiration (from other stylish chicks, I'm not just blowing my own horn here!)



While I'm here, Iet me chuck some pictures and words at you about one of my favourite LFW collections, Topshop Unique. In general, I haven't been as bowled over by collections this season as much as last, but maybe I'm just more of a Spring/Summer person. I was looking through every collection on Style.com today and it felt so weird not to have a Luella collection to gaze at. I really got quite upset about it which is a bit silly. I just loved Luella so much! Anyway, I'll put my violin to one side and entertain you with a few of my favourite Unique looks!






Thank god for Topshop Unique. They really went a long way to filling the fun and quirky void left by Lu. I'd sum this collection up as... Walking in a woodland wonderland! There was scout camp chic with patch-adorned khaki uniforms, as well as nods (well, headbutts, actually) to woodland creatures in the form of Emma Cook headgear and hoofs, as well as plenty of fur and shearling (highlight: shearling bumbag!). I really like the extra long cardigan with squirrels on. It seems peculiar now to imagine wearing a cardigan so long, but I'm sure it'll seem perfectly natural come Autumn! The chunky knit super-high socks are another trend I'm right behind. So cosy looking! The whole collection just makes me feel warm inside.

For god's sake Topshop. Is it not enough that I work for you AND spend my wages in you? Must you dominate my fashion week favourite-list too? You're taking over my life! What next?! I will have to draw the line at fattening up my boyfriend and renaming him Phil.

What have been your fashion week faves and fails so far?

xo

PS - Also glad to see the monobrow is heading for a moment. I'm already ahead of the trend on that one thanks to a mixture of work and fashion week chaos leading to grooming neglect! Probably wrong to feel proud about that.

24 comments:

  1. i lol'ed

    I will have to draw the line at fattening up my boyfriend and renaming him Phil.

    sigh, if only he would adopt us, or actually i wouldnt even mind being a god daughter!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really looks like an amazing collection, everyone seems to be raving about it!

    www.ameliais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeee I love those socks at TS unique. Those green/turquoise ones are such a great colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Topshop Unique collection, especially the socks and great big cardis so cosy.

    Great pic for Boohoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Topshop Unique was one of my favourites, the little green tweedy scout-like short suit is so good, i would like it right now,
    and the animal heads are fantastic...so Brothers Grimm
    Absolutely loved it!!
    Congrats on mag
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was an awesome show!

    + congrats! must be exciting

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats! I noticed you on there along with Audrey (befrassy.com)

    LONDON--ROSE.BLOGSPOT.COM

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, you and Frassy looking very cool in polka dots! ^^

    Gotta say, despite my ignorance when it comes to LFW, this TS Unique collection has utterly blown me away. So creative! I want to just put it all on, monobrow et al, and scurry off to live in the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha loved your monobrow comment ;)

    I also adored Topshop... help! ! I'm meant to be saving for a LDN flat for my internship in August.

    So annoyed I missed you at LFW, although had already seen you on boohoo.com - congrats!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay cool! I can't believe those Luella-style dresses, the heart cut out is exactly the same!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cool that you got featured!! I love polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those cable knit stockings! :) & you look super cute in your polka dots :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Gem, we met at Topshop :)

    Totally agree with you with the Unique comment. Sooooo many coats to choose from! I hate it when it gets to winter and there is only ever a choice of tailored and tailored.

    Great meeting you! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look gorgeous in the Streetstyle pics!

    and I totally sucked this fashion week, I feel so useless and flaky. Hopefully bad luck comes in threes and things will get better from now on... x

    ReplyDelete
  16. would save plucking time to have a monobrow trend...

    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations!


    and yes, TopShop Unique is one of my favorite. lovelllly


    heraid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love those thigh high legwarmers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved this show! So beautiful! xox

    http://girlalamode.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loved this show! So beautiful! xox

    http://girlalamode.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello lovely! Sorry for the late congratulations.. but i have been swamped with essays! All handed in now.. thank Gaaaad.
    Awesome that they featured you!! I totally would have featured you too.. you look amaze! Congratulations!!!!!
    Also... I loved Topshop unique. Probably the LFW highlight for me! If ever i have a monobrow, please let it be one like that...
    Hope you are good :)

    Xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. ooo boohoo spot!! you're famous!! definitely a cute category to be in polka dots always!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥