29.1.10

Dress down Friday




I hung out with my lovely mum today. We went round the shops, got lunch and unfortunately also got caught in a little snow flurry! I totally misjudged the weather and I wore my Luella t-shirt with just a little cardi and my cropped biker jacket. My mum kept telling me off for "making such animal sounds" when the icy gales RAVAGED my wellbeing. Composure really isn't one of my strengths. A muffled wail is my coping mechanism.

Does anyone else get that? Not the wailing, I think I'm probably alone there! The thing where you foolishly think that just because you're toasty warm in your house, you think it's suitable to dress for April when it's January? I do it all the time and never learn!

I also wore these funny little granny booties I found in a Charity Shop. They are super cosy and I love the little wedge heel! My motto for shoes is the uglier the better!





(T-shirt - Luella via eBay, Cardigan - Primark, Jeans - Topshop, Socks - Primark, Shoes - Charity Shop)


I'm off to carry on watching The Celebrity Big Brother final! Dane Bowers to win!

22 comments:

  1. I never get cold so I am always going out in the depths of winter wearing just a dress and a cardigan. People tend to judge the weather by me, if I think it is cold then it really must be freezing. Love the granny shoes!

    www.ameliais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i agree...love sensible ugly shoes! These are just adorabe
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh! ur hairr! i want to have ur haircut style! love it to the maxx!! :))
    love ur outfit
    btw i've linked ur blog and followed :)
    
xoxo

    yudia aiiu

    http://blackecstasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the tshirt.... :)


    http://aforteforfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit is so perfect. I love your hair too, I wish I could pull of a style like that but my hair is so curly it'd just become an afro...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those shoes are wild; gotta love conversation piece shoes, no? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! I love your shoe motto :) But I also love your shoes!! So not ugly :) You outfit looks so comfy and warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your "the uglier, the better" motto for shoes had me howling in laughter! You really do want footwear with personality, who doesn't?

    Great, great post!

    PS Come hoin the giveaway I'm hosting?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the outfit is lovely and cosy, love the tee!
    xx-LJ from SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the granny shoes :D
    IReally like your style. And yeah, I think I have seen that toppers necklace.. They always have awesome birdy pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the little furry booties, so cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bought some boots from the charity shop today, totally confused as to why they were so damn comfy - then realised they have special gel cushioning for the old granny's bad feet. FAB, c X

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm soooo jealous of your t-shirt! i wanted that :(
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the tee, was so tempted to buy that when I first saw it in UO. Even better that you scored it off Ebay! Much cheaper no?

    Those shoes might not be the cutest things to look at but I like them that way! I love granny-chic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's the sun. You look out the window and it looks so lovely but it's still freeeezing!

    I've been surgically attached to my fur lined coat for months.

    I love the granny booties!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Luella we will defo all ways love lu!!! I am so jealous of your amazing Luella find! I wish I had the money to save her :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for your delicious comments everyone!
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one with a penchant for icky footwear!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my God! Love your shoes and socks combo!! This is hardly a dress down Friday - maybe for you, but you look as fabulous as ever to us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute shoes yes, must be warm! I love that cardigan of yours too :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wooooah, you just linked this from your twitter and i didn't read the date, i just totally freaked and thought it was snowing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥